Lenovo IdeapadS145(one year old), Core i3 8thGen, 4GB DDR4 2400MHZ RAM, 1TB HDD(no SSD). Persistent 100% disk usage. Upgrade RAM or install SSD?

Get a new laptop with better ram and storage, or upgrade your laptop with a ssd and more ram.

1 minute ago, Rooked said:

Get a new laptop with better ram and storage, or upgrade your laptop with a ssd and more ram.

I said it's bought only a year ago. My parents would rather like to abandon me instead of buying me a laptop. Should I upgrade my RAM or install SSD? I can't have both at the same time.

19 minutes ago, Chandrapaul Ghosh said:

I said it's bought only a year ago. My parents would rather like to abandon me instead of buying me a laptop. Should I upgrade my RAM or install SSD? I can't have both at the same time.

Install SSD. And try using malwarebytes to scan your PC. Disable Windows Defender too and just don't go to sketchy sites or get a less performance heavy antivirus like Norton. That antimalware service executable happens from Windows Defender.

Just now, Rooked said:

Upgrade RAM. And try using malwarebytes to scan your PC. Disable Windows Defender too and just don't go to sketchy sites or get a less performance heavy antivirus like Norton. That antimalware service executable happens from Windows Defender.

I scanned using Malwarebytes too. It caused the same problem. I had to uninstall McAfee for the 100%disk usage.

Just now, Chandrapaul Ghosh said:

I scanned using Malwarebytes too. It caused the same problem. I had to uninstall McAfee for the 100%disk usage.

Okay then it's your HDD that's acting up.

Just now, Rooked said:

So, should I swap out my HDD with SATA SSD or install a M.2 SSD in the M.2 slot? And then install windows in the new SSD, right?

2 minutes ago, Rooked said:

Recently, I m also facing 96% RAM and more.

yeah 4gb is no where near enough for a windows pc, upgrade your ram to atleast 8gb, 16gb preferably

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

5 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

yeah 4gb is no where near enough for a windows pc, upgrade your ram to atleast 8gb, 16gb preferably

But, what's causing my 100% disk?

4GB RAM isn't enough for Windows 10 tbh, unless you're really diligent at killing all background tasks and making sure nothing unnecessary is running. There is so much crap running in the background that its almost a joke, maybe Windows Debloater (its on Github) and try to get rid of some of the bloatware that comes with Windows.

I would recommend to get an 8GB SODIMM module, throw in an SSD and clean install Windows. That should get the laptop feeling like new. If you can't afford an SSD right now, then get the RAM and re-install Windows.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

15 minutes ago, BigRom said:

4GB RAM isn't enough for Windows 10 tbh, unless you're really diligent at killing all background tasks and making sure nothing unnecessary is running. There is so much crap running in the background that its almost a joke, maybe Windows Debloater (its on Github) and try to get rid of some of the bloatware that comes with Windows.

I would recommend to get an 8GB SODIMM module, throw in an SSD and clean install Windows. That should get the laptop feeling like new. If you can't afford an SSD right now, then get the RAM and re-install Windows.

Okay. Thanks man.