Acer Swift 3 (4700u) or Dell XPS 13 (i7-8565u) if both were same price?

Hey all,

I am getting a good deal on both of these laptops for $400 each....hard choice choosing between both. I will be using the laptop mostly for web browsing, watching youtube and playing light games (LoL and Valorant)....I really do love the performance boost of the 4700u chips but I wonder if the 4K display on the Dell would be a better option for me, even though it is a 8th gen chip? I will be using the laptop mostly indoors. After reading reviews, it looks like battery life is around the same ~8 hours and ~2 hours on load....just wondering if some of ya'll had these laptops and your thoughts if you would be able to get the same laptops for the same price ($400)

The XPS will have way better quality than the swift. If you're just going to be browsing the web and watching youtube the XPS will have a much nicer experience. And the XPS is at an insanely good price, especially with a 4k screen.

7 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

The XPS will have way better quality than the swift. If you're just going to be browsing the web and watching youtube the XPS will have a much nicer experience. And the XPS is at an insanely good price, especially with a 4k screen.

Yea my thoughts exactly..the added bonus is I believe the XPS 13 will retain a higher premium if i decide to sell it years down the line

Well the xps has a lot weaker cpu but for your tasks will do. Gaming wise it's also a good bit worse but should still be ok of course 4k is beyond out of the question for gaming on it :p. That and the xps has a lot of thermal issues so do not expect the best performance. The battery will also be worse than the swift. It will have a lot better display (not because of the 4k at that size you'd really have to try to see a difference between 1080 and 4k but the colours on it will be far far better).

I'd still just get the xps and then immediatly sell it on 400 for it is dirtcheap they go for double easily normally. Then get a nicer amd laptop.

If you don't mind me asking, where on earth are you finding laptops for that price? 

I just bought an older Yoga 460 off ebay for basically that price

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Just now, Sharif said:

If you don't mind me asking, where on earth are you finding laptops for that price? 

I just bought an older Yoga 460 off ebay for basically that price

on classifieds! I know its a steal...I went and checked it out and its basically brand new and a few cycles of battery on it...lottery i guess