It's so sad to see Dell didn't even change a bit after two years.

Just watch the latest '1500 PC Secret Shopper 2' and here is what I thought:

Dell is the single most disappointing PC manufacture on this planet. I called them to repair my laptop's power related issue and it took them literally a month and send my laptop back with the same issue. When I tried to call them, I was literally being sent into a infinite transfer loop between agents who have no idea what they are doing. Later that year laptop's discrete graphic malfunctioned and cannot be picked up by device manager and disappeard. I called them again and there answer was basically my laptop is out of warranty and they are not gonna repair it for me. People who buy Dell paid extra price and get inferior price, and their custom support is even more inferior. It has been 2 years since the previous 'Secret shopper' video was made and also 2 years since me gave up and throw my XPS15 into storage. They've never changed, not even a bit. I'm feeling so outraged when I see dells response is still exact the same after TWO ENTIRE YEAR. It's clear that they are extremely ignorant and don't give a sh*t to how their customer feel. When I bought my XPS, I was comparing it with Macbook Pro and was expecting a PREMIUM experince. Their product is no cheaper compare to apple and see what their customers got. It's being 2 years and my anger is still there and cannot be calmed. That XPS15 was my first Laptop and I really loved it. Dell's new XPS are still looking great and really appealling. AND I would never spend even a penny on Dell. I'm so sad.

My laptop was a XPS 15 9560 with i7-7700HQ, 32G of RAM, 4K UHD Touch Screen, GTX1050 and 1TB NVME ssd. It was the top configuration of XPS that year.

Sorry for this shit post but I really want to speak out my terrible experince with dell.

this is why i wont spend over 500 on a laptop, sorry to hear that

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

2 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

this is why i wont spend over 500 on a laptop, sorry to hear that

I was looking for a comfortable laptop that could last a few years. I'm now ended op with an iPad for my daily mobile use.

Yeah, I don’t know why the XPS line constantly gets compared to MacBooks. Way worse screens/batteries/build quality and a customer experience that comes nowhere remotely close.

A better equivalent in the PC space would be Microsoft. They at least come close to rivaling Apple in the build quality department (backlight bleeding aside). Not entirely sure about how good their support is though.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

11 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

Yeah, Apple will just charge you $500 for repairs and wipe your data... I have had friends who sent it in to get fixed only to get it more broken back and have a higher repair estimate cost. To get their extended warranty you have to pay them $250 and then an additional $300 if something goes wrong... So basically the same anyway as if you hadn't.

Provided the XPS laptop works, it's actually pretty good. The bezels are thinner and the build quality in my screwed together XPS is much better than my glued together macbook.

That’s not how it works. AppleCare repairs are 100% free. 

You’re probably thinking of their accidental protection coverage which has a deductible just like every other provider of accidental protection...

As far as wiping your data, that’s a good thing. Random Apple employees shouldn’t have a back door into your encrypted drive. Duh. Good thing MacOS has integrated and automated disc imaging and cloud backup. Click a button and poof, your system is magically restored!

But yeah, I guess keep on hating things you aren’t even familiar with.

Unless you're a Fortune 500 company with $100K to spend on hardware and at least as much more for warranties and service plans, Dell gives nary a shit about you.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

-> Moved to Laptops and Pre-Build Systems

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

It's clear we have different ideas about the standards of repair services.

I didn't realize I wasn't familiar with it, thanks for letting me know. Which part was it exactly? Was it the part where they point out the water damage indicators changed colors and claim your actual warranty issue was actually water damage and charge you $300? That happened to me, personally.

So you believe there should be widely accessible back doors into encrypted drives? 

17 hours ago, Shiroyuki said:

QUESTION

Does manufacturers in the west don't have a place to repair their desktop and laptop???

Y'know a service center, a place where the customer can get there and fix their devices.

Here in asia at least each manufacturer has it's own service center that we can went to and scare the s**t out of their employees to force them to fix our devices, even if it's out of warranty.

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

35 minutes ago, Sakuriru said:

First, they could copy the data before wiping it.

Second, if you're encrypting it then it's encrypted.

Third, that's what you're doing when you store your backups in the cloud. The data is stored on their servers. You're going to end up trusting them one way or another.

Most people usually want their computer data because of pictures or whatnot. I mean for me I don't want to have to reconfigure all the systems I use the right way again. The point is don't decide for me that you'll wipe my data. If my data is inaccessible because of your faulty device under warranty, then it's your responsibility to recover it. It's not yours to decide to delete.

You may say yes we'll it's your choice to take it to Apple. Well Apple insists that repairs should only be done through them so I don't see how that could possibly be a reasonable argument.

As with your previous claims, you’re again wrong on every front.

iCloud and Time Machine data is encrypted. Nobody can access it but the account holder. Further, no, they can’t just copy over your data. The drive is soldered, tied to the motherboard’s T1or T2 chip and cannot be read externally. Again... by design. This is why many people who buy Apple buy Apple, their security is nearly impenetrable as long as you use a decent password.

I’d suggest as I did before that you stop hating on things you’re not even familiar with. Sounds like you have an issue with encryption and hardware based security, not Apple.

How did it become from DELL having one of the worst customer support to Apple? They're both equally trash in my opinion but let's just look at what the topic for this thread is. Make a new one for god sakes if you want to talk about Apple.

3 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

Either they can or they can't, make up your mind.

Because the XPS is a good machine that's competing in the same space as Apple's Macbook pro line. I've owned multiple XPS laptops and multiple Macbooks. The customer service on them both is bad, you're right. But I'm not proclaiming one is clearly superior. I will add that with the XPS line opening it up and swapping out the hard drive was trivial.

I hate Apple too. I literally don't have anything Apple, opted for the android version, have a PC and a Windows laptop, and my house has full on iPhones and iPads. But this is not the thread to trash on them, this thread is to talk about DELL.

2 hours ago, Rooked said:

I hate Apple too. I literally don't have anything Apple, opted for the android version, have a PC and a Windows laptop, and my house has full on iPhones and iPads. But this is not the thread to trash on them, this thread is to talk about DELL.

I agree. Though I've never owned an Apple PC, but all my mobile device including watches phones and ipads are from Apple. Besides a high cost, I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'm not sure how is their PC support service but at this point, I'm pretty willing to trying them when I need a new laptop. The problem with Dell is, even with a high price, their customer service is still a piece of shit and never changed for two years and even after how bad their support service is has been recorded and posted on youtube, they didn't even bother to change. You can't even find a real person in shop to talk with and show them the problem yourself.

18 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

QUESTION

Does manufacturers in the west don't have a place to repair their desktop and laptop???

Y'know a service center, a place where the customer can get there and fix their devices.

Here in asia at least each manufacturer has it's own service center that we can went to and scare the s**t out of their employees to force them to fix our devices, even if it's out of warranty.

For Dell, the simple answer is no and I'm almost 100% certain that their phone support call centre is in India not North American because everyone I talked to have an obvious Indian Accenst.

6 minutes ago, Shiroyuki said:

For Dell, the simple answer is no and I'm almost 100% certain that their phone support call centre is in India not North American because everyone I talked to have an obvious Indian Accenst.

Oh wow really???

Not even something like an ASP???

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

6 hours ago, Sakuriru said:

Either they can or they can't, make up your mind.

Again, you’re not really understanding how any of this works and you’re just floundering because you got called out on a ton of misinformation.

You said they should just be able to copy and access data. I asked if you believe they should have a back door into encrypted drives. Now you’re saying that somehow a back door into an encrypted drive doesn’t compute with their hardware based encryption. No shit! That’s literally what I’ve been trying to explain to you through this entire thread.

7 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Oh wow really???

Not even something like an ASP???

There is a repair station in my city. However they only accept mail repairs and I specificlly asked dell phone support if I can send my laptop their by myself as it's pretty close to where I live, their answer is no. Also the courier they choose really sucks. It took them 5 days to send my package over a 10km distance. They eventually send someone to my home and found out my XPS's power issue is with the power adapter. I sent my power adapter with my laptop and they can't pick this problem up? It's just mind blowing.