2080 ti hydro copper water on pcb from shipping

Hey everyone! I have an issue that I am hoping I can get some insight/advice on. 

I recently purchased a 2080 ti hydro copper second hand. The card landed today and upon opening the package I saw there was water in the box. Closer inspection revealed water had leaked from the outlet ports not being tightened down properly and the water has worked it way onto, and throughout the pcb. I don’t want to ask for a return/refund if there is nothing wrong and I can do my part in drying it thoroughly although, I’m at hesitant to take the block off, and clean the pcb with alcohol, as I believe the responsibility would fall on me at that point. I do believe it was an honest mistake and the seller has been very responsive and apologetic. While I believe it is not my problem per say, I do consider refunds a last resort as they aren’t fun for anybody. I can’t say why the seller sent the card without blowing the water out and allowing it to dry, that was careless imo.

Would a thorough drying remedy the situation? Is it safer to not risk it? Can I reliably dry the card without taking the block off?

I am posting here in the hopes that some of you may be able to provide some insight/advice on how to handle this. I want to do the right thing but I’m not exactly sure what that would be. Thank you in advance for any help. Any response is welcome constructive or otherwise. If I’m making a big deal out of nothing let me know. I won’t be upset for being corrected! 

Something that was only wet while powered off completely should be relatively safe-- I'd definitely take it apart and let it fully air out though.

I'm fairly sure that if you get the seller to agree to a refund if the card doesn't work after a thorough cleaning and drying you should be in the clear. Water damaging electronics is caused by short circuiting. If it wasn't powered on while wet it should be fine. Just be sure to clean it properly as residue from the evaporated water may still pose a risk.

That's an F in the profile pic

16 hours ago, Grabhanem said:

Something that was only wet while powered off completely should be relatively safe-- I'd definitely take it apart and let it fully air out though.

Ok nice I’ll do that. The water worked it’s way between the backplate and the pcb, while I can tone the block off fairly easy I’m worried about breaking the pcb when splitting it from the backplate, would it be necessary to get any residue that may be left? I assume he used distilled but as I understand, the water can become ionized over time due to electrolysis. Is it possible the residues left could contain enough ions to cause a short?

10 hours ago, Froody129 said:

I'm fairly sure that if you get the seller to agree to a refund if the card doesn't work after a thorough cleaning and drying you should be in the clear. Water damaging electronics is caused by short circuiting. If it wasn't powered on while wet it should be fine. Just be sure to clean it properly as residue from the evaporated water may still pose a risk.

Ah ok. I should have read this before replying lol. Thank you for the response!