Is my build ok ? Thoughts on some improvements ?

Gandalf0u

I've always been playing on laptop and i'm interested in buying my first pc. I would like to be able to play VR and AAA games with high frame rates on 1440p with it.

What are your thoughts on my build ?

Budget (including currency): 1500 - 2000€

Case : Be Quiet! PURE BASE 500DX (missed a 75€ offer on it)

Power supply :  Be Quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 750W Gold 

motherboard : MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (ordered for 200€ on amazon.de)

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9-5900x

GPU : AMD Radeon rx 6800xt

Watercooling : Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML240L V2 RGB

System ssd : Nvme 250Gb or 500Gb

Gaming ssd : Sabrent Rocket 1Tb Nvme (already bought since several month for ~130€)

RAM : ??? 16Gb 

Edit : Should I wait for the Black Friday to buy the CPU and GPU or buy it when they are released ?

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Can you rebuild this list at pcpartpicker.com and share the permalink?

Here it is 

(Without the GPU, the system storage and the RAM)

You wont need a 5900x, and I can say that without it even being out. A lower mid tier chip will do perfectly fine (R5 5600)

I'd also drop that cooler and get something a like an arctic eSports DUO to go with that lower mid tier chip. Buying a cheaper end aio is never a good idea

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 minutes ago, Gandalf0u said:

Here it is 

might want to try something like this, higher end radiator and some good performance ram (AMD has recommended 4000MHz)

The PSU should be able to handle whatever you throw at it

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

You wont need a 5900x, and I can say that without it even being out. A lower mid tier chip will do perfectly fine (R5 5600)

I'd also drop that cooler and get something a like an arctic eSports DUO to go with that lower mid tier chip. Buying a cheaper end aio is never a good idea

I haven't mentioned it but i also use my pc to code (->compile) and running VMs on it. I was first interested in the Ryzen 7-5800x but 100€ for 4 more cores is not bad...

This AIO may be cheap but the reviews i've watched looks fine

Just now, Gandalf0u said:

I haven't mentioned it but i also use my pc to code (->compile) and running VMs on it. I was first interested in the Ryzen 7-5800x but 100€ for 4 more cores is not bad...

Then sure, go for it. But you'll definitely need more than 16GB of memory if you do this often.

1 minute ago, Gandalf0u said:

This AIO may be cheap but the reviews i've watched looks fine

There's no insurance with a cheap cooler. Why buy something cheap that could possibly leak and destroy your high end system?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

might want to try something like this, higher end radiator and some good performance ram (AMD has recommended 4000MHz)

The PSU should be able to handle whatever you throw at it

Thanks that seems to work perfectly but a 750w power supply isn't a safer and more long term bet ? 

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Then sure, go for it. But you'll definitely need more than 16GB of memory if you do this often.

I might upgrade it to 32Gb Q2 2021

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

There's no insurance with a cheap cooler. Why buy something cheap that could possibly leak and destroy your high end system?

I will look over  Fasauceome's cooler option

1 hour ago, Gandalf0u said:

Should I wait for the Black Friday to buy the CPU and GPU or buy it when they are released ?

Probably wait until Black Friday. I know that a few stores like Newegg already have some sales in early November that you could take a look at.