Oculus Quest sponsored video Why?

qwuartz196

Hey guys

I am an Lmg fan, i bought merch, I have floatplane and watched probably every video since 2 Years. Everytime Facebook has another scandal (I mean these sketchy privacy things) Lmg adresses it,(Wan show, Tech linked...) and do it well.

Now why did Lmg need to do a sponsored unboxing of the quest 2 promoting Facebooks Take all you can give nothing bag mentality?

Am I the only one thinking this?

Yes Rilley adressed it at the end but that was just awkward because he couldnt really talk about it.

I would like to know youre thoughts on this, I tend to overvalue such stuff.

Did Lmg needed Facebooks money so bad ?

I think they did talk about it on the WAN show. And like short-circuit is supposed to a channel where LMG can post "quick" and "SHORT" videos of just unboxing of a product and first impressions. The SHORT circuit videos aren't meant to be "long". Wait for the full review, he might address that in the full review over at LTT

12 minutes ago, qwuartz196 said:

Hey guys

Did Lmg needed Facebooks money so bad ?

they are a company with people to pay .
Also hate for Facebook means nothing .
FB is a group that has many companies that you use, those are whatsapp, facebook, instagram, oculus and a few more.
If you like tech you can't do with hate for one or another company
I mean really? what did you expect? to deny that oculus exists?

I dont hate Facebook, I just avoid theyre products...

I know they have people to pay thats why I support them and there are so many tech companies who they work with...

I watched the wan show, I just dont understand how it fits together what he sad in his videos over the years and then showcases theyre products.

When someone hands you a bag of money with the only string being to make a video about a device you are going to make a video of anyway because it's a big deal for VR, you don't say no. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

7 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

When someone hands you a bag of money with the only string being to make a video about a device you are going to make a video of anyway because it's a big deal for VR, you don't say no. 

Thats my point you dont, its relevant but you get the same bag of money from someone else and talk freely.

Did you hear what Riley sad in the end? It wasnt natural and people rushing to buy it will think that Lmg thinks its okay...

Edited by qwuartz196
Misspelled

5 minutes ago, qwuartz196 said:

Did you hear what Riley sad in the end?

He said that he is using oculus quest 1 anyway... don't hear only what you want to.
If you hate companies you have to stop use everything including youtube.
Also stop plany Ubisoft games cause of scandal, stop using Shazam cuz Apple etc etc

27 minutes ago, qwuartz196 said:

Now why did Lmg need to do a sponsored unboxing of the quest 2 promoting Facebooks Take all you can give nothing bag mentality

Because the Quest 2 is legitimately a good VR headset and is actually affordable ?

Because it's not only a standalone VR headset, meaning it doesn't need a super powerful gaming computer to play VR games, but also it can be used to play PC VR games, both wirelessly and wired, completely bypassing the Oculus store? Which means it's not only affordable, it's also accessible. 

Even Linus on the WAN show said it was really good.

And really, at the end of the day, they are a TECH channel. They would've more than likely featured it on their channel at one point or another, regardless of FB giving them money for it. So they may as well get paid for it.

Not to mention, Linus has said multiple times in the past that if they can't say what they really think about a product, they wouldn't accept a sponsor. So it's not like FB is making them say that it's good.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

Not to mention, Linus has said multiple times in the past that if they can't say what they really think about a product, they wouldn't accept a sponsor. So it's not like FB is making them say that it's good.

Have you watched this awkward Rilley scene at the end clearly not saying what he thinks? 

And why didnt they just use Pia or Vincero or any other sponsor?

Why did they need to take FB money...

It is a very appealing headset but it would be so much more interesting to hear an honest first impression...

Just a reminder to everyone that "sponsored" essentially means "ad".

Any video that says "sponsored by X" basically means "we got paid to make an ad for X".

Treat any sponsored video as a TV commercial. If Linus or someone else says something in a sponsored video, just keep in mind that they were probably paid to say that and their personal beliefs or opinions might be the exact opposite.

3 minutes ago, qwuartz196 said:

Have you watched this awkward Rilley scene at the end clearly not saying what he thinks? 

You do realize Shortcircuits videos are unscripted, right? It's not that impossible to think he's just looking for the right words.
That said, I haven't noticed anything in the video that would make me think he's reading some sort of FB propaganda. He clearly showed that he enjoyed the Quest 2, that he is a regular Quest 1 user and whether he agrees with the whole FB account requirement is up to debate, but at least he gave that little speech at the end so people like you, with a strong and blind hatred for FB and anything they touch/do, know to avoid the Quest 2.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Just a reminder to everyone that "sponsored" essentially means "ad".

Any video that says "sponsored by X" basically means "we got paid to make an ad for X".

Treat any sponsored video as a TV commercial. If Linus or someone else says something in a sponsored video, just keep in mind that they were probably paid to say that and their personal beliefs or opinions might be the exact opposite.

Yes exactly and Why they need to unbox the quest sponsored by Facebook is the thing I dont understand.

12 minutes ago, qwuartz196 said:

Yes exactly and Why they need to unbox the quest sponsored by Facebook is the thing I dont understand.

Because Facebook paid them and LMG cares more about money than integrity.

16 minutes ago, qwuartz196 said:

More videos = more views = more money from Youtube ads, etc. That's why we're waiting on the LTT video now.

Gotta milk it for all it's worth.

1 hour ago, qwuartz196 said:

I dont hate Facebook, I just avoid theyre products...

I know they have people to pay thats why I support them and there are so many tech companies who they work with...

If you avoid Facebook products, why did you watch an ad for it? Are you expecting LMG to make the call on what you should watch or not, on what you should be interested in or not?

You gotta take responsibility for your own decisions. You chose to watch that content, which tells LMG that you want more such content, which in turn drives them to do it again later. If you don't want to see that kind of content, DON'T WATCH IT. 

The truth is, there are people who are interested in that product, people who don't care about the Facebook account thing, therefore it's normal for LMG to take money to cover that product's release. If you're not interested, don't watch it. Those who are interested will watch it. 

I have no interest whatsoever in studio-type video cameras. LMG produces a fair amount of videos featuring them. Am I gonna tell them to stop producing those videos because they're of no interest to me? No, that'd be moronic. I just skip those videos.

46 minutes ago, Gimli said:

If you avoid Facebook products, why did you watch an ad for it? Are you expecting LMG to make the call on what you should watch or not, on what you should be interested in or not?

You gotta take responsibility for your own decisions. You chose to watch that content, which tells LMG that you want more such content, which in turn drives them to do it again later. If you don't want to see that kind of content, DON'T WATCH IT. 

The truth is, there are people who are interested in that product, people who don't care about the Facebook account thing, therefore it's normal for LMG to take money to cover that product's release. If you're not interested, don't watch it. Those who are interested will watch it. 

I have no interest whatsoever in studio-type video cameras. LMG produces a fair amount of videos featuring them. Am I gonna tell them to stop producing those videos because they're of no interest to me? No, that'd be moronic. I just skip those videos.

Youre right thank you

17 hours ago, Gimli said:

I don't really have interest in them either as a purcherser or user, but Brandon is so on top of the tech, the videos are pretty interesting from just a learning about stuff pov. I recommend them :)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎