Microsoft tool that lets you make sections of your monitor?

I know the title's not much to go on..but folks here are clever....

I remember in a LTT video, some older Microsoft program that let you make up specific areas of your monitor into dedicated sections was mentioned...and it was mentioned that it was available again....I want to say @GabenJr or @AlexTheGreatish mentioned it, but that's more cuz the "this esoteric thing is back" is kind of their area...

Does anyone 1) know what they or I am talking about?  And, providing that, can anyone give me more information on what it does?

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

17 minutes ago, Video Beagle said:

I remember in a LTT video, some older Microsoft program that let you make up specific areas of your monitor into dedicated sections was mentioned...and it was mentioned that it was available again....

Fancy Zones, included in Microsoft Power Tools.

The latter of the two being the thing that "returned".

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Do you mean to use a monitor as multiple desktops? Your question is not clear. If you want to snap windows easily on your monitor, PowerToys allows doing that using FancyZones.

image.thumb.png.7d2f6002982e312b671a556b095a99e7.png

This is how it looks and you can download it from the link provided by @minibois.

It is a utility from Microsoft to maximize productivity and customization.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Do you mean to use a monitor as multiple desktops? Your question is not clear.

Oh, my question was WAY unclear...I'm surprised @miniboiswas able to asnwer it so quickly.  I recently set up a second monitor on my PC, mainly because I could, and while looking into things I could do with it, (such as putting different things on the screen, multiple screen savers, etc) I just had a vague recall of the mention in the video...I tend to remember random comments about stuff like that then things like the actual video it was in....

Thanks to the answers, I was able to do some quick googling for additional info....not sure if this is something that might be useful to me, but it's interesting.

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-powertoys-how-to-use-and-configure-fancyzones/

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

I just use windows + arrow keys 

what does that do?

1 hour ago, Video Beagle said:

what does that do?

Arranges Windows

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

On 11/5/2020 at 3:07 PM, Video Beagle said:

what does that do?

It will allow you to split any program window.