Ram module for laptop mix and match

Go to solution Solved by Void Master,

Most probably it will work, just make sure they are the same speed, timings, and voltage.

I want a new ram module to fit in with my existing one for my HP Pavilion - 15-bc401nv.

Currently there is one Samsung 8GB DDR4 PC4-19200, 2400MHz, 260 PIN SODIMM, CL 17, 1.2V, ram Memory Module and i was thinking of adding an Crucial 8GB DDR4-2400MHz (CT8G4SFS824A) because the samsung one is not available for me to buy here. will this module work with the other one?

Yes, there's a slim chance it won't work, but very very small.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Most probably it will work, just make sure they are the same speed, timings, and voltage.

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

They should work fine as long as the timings are identical to each other. Never really had issues with that sort of thing on a laptop. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes, there's a slim chance it won't work, but very very small.

so is it worth trying it? its like 25 euros here.

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

They should work fine as long as the timings are identical to each other. Never really had issues with that sort of thing on a laptop. 

when you say timings? like 2400 hz and that stuff? im kind of inexperienced

4 minutes ago, Void Master said:

That gives me peace of mind but how can i see timings? i dont know what that is

1 minute ago, GeorgePi said:

That gives me peace of mind but how can i see timings? i dont know what that is

it should be in the module specs, something like CL16 or sometimes you see 16-16-16-36 written. 

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

Just now, Void Master said:

it should be in the module specs, something like CL16 or sometimes you see 16-16-16-36 written. 

Oh ok. they both say CL 17 DDR4 2400Mhz and voltage 1.2v so i guess im good. Thanks a lot!