So... How's Titanfall?

mikeangeles 75

Like I said, MP games that rely on AI never last very long.

People grow tired of shooting them.

Like I said, it's a solid, fast paced, fun fps that's not buggy! Well worth the purchase.

Like I said, it's a solid, fast paced, fun fps that's not buggy! Well worth the purchase.

but it won't last.

I never said it wasn't fun for short bursts.   Even Call of DooDoo is fun once in awhile.

Games that last a long time = Starcraft and Starcraft II

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

but it won't last.

I never said it wasn't fun for short bursts.   Even Call of DooDoo is fun once in awhile.

MW2 still has an active community, Titanfall won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Games that last a long time = Starcraft and Starcraft II

This is the most off-topic shit I've ever seen.

This is the most off-topic shit I've ever seen.

This guy

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

MW2 still has an active community, Titanfall won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

Mw2 doesn't rely on players fighting fish in a barrel AI.

Call of duty with wall running, jetpacks, and robots

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I think I'll stick with the F2P Hawken, thanks. Such a great game!

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

Personally I liked titanfall but it just seemed like call of duty with parkour and robots. I thought It was a good game but for me not something I plan on picking up at $60

I enjoy it a lot. I have been missing a fun fast paced first person shooter for a long time.

Been missing one since Q3A / UT.... if only those would get a reboot.... my PC gaming life would be complete.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Personally I liked titanfall but it just seemed like call of duty with parkour and robots. I thought It was a good game but for me not something I plan on picking up at $60

Exactly my thought

Seriously I can't believe people reply most of the time to complain about something, if you don't like it, simply ignore it don't go out there a tell people is shit just because it doesn't fit your style

for me in going to play this game until destiny gets a PC port because ATM they aren't other shooters that gets my interest

also why the hell the complains are because the game has npc, they do shit and they are to keep you shoot something, maintaining the flow of battle, only in attrition make a difference because they count towards the score, in the other game modes you can ignore them and go straight to kill players, that simple

also people doesn't get THIS IS A CASUAL SHOOTER its not a penis contest about how good your whit a gun, in fact I say a experienced player is the one that move the faster from a to b and use the environment to their advantage that a complete breath of fresh air compared to other shooter when most of the time wins the guy how shoot first, this reminds me a lot of classics like doom, quake and unreal tournament

seriously this game is good and VERY fun to play booth solo and whit friends,the mechanics itself aren't revolutionary but I say they are a evolution something this genre needs

and like everything is not perfect and some people may don't like but saying that this game is terrible is bullshit

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

You can play Titanfall tactically, you just have to think and react a lot faster.

Best shooter since Natural Selection 2 for me.

25 hours in. Nearing first regeneration (prestige). Having a lot of fun. Not playing with anyone either. Everything about it just feels right. Very smooth gameplay.

It's pretty awesome, don't know what else to say I've had the most fun I've had in an fps for a long time.

I enjoy it a lot. I have been missing a fun fast paced first person shooter for a long time.

Been missing one since Q3A / UT.... if only those would get a reboot.... my PC gaming life would be complete.

Seriously I can't believe people reply most of the time to complain about something, if you don't like it, simply ignore it don't go out there a tell people is shit just because it doesn't fit your style

for me in going to play this game until destiny gets a PC port because ATM they aren't other shooters that gets my interest

also why the hell the complains are because the game has npc, they do shit and they are to keep you shoot something, maintaining the flow of battle, only in attrition make a difference because they count towards the score, in the other game modes you can ignore them and go straight to kill players, that simple

also people doesn't get THIS IS A CASUAL SHOOTER its not a penis contest about how good your whit a gun, in fact I say a experienced player is the one that move the faster from a to b and use the environment to their advantage that a complete breath of fresh air compared to other shooter when most of the time wins the guy how shoot first, this reminds me a lot of classics like doom, quake and unreal tournament

seriously this game is good and VERY fun to play booth solo and whit friends,the mechanics itself aren't revolutionary but I say they are a evolution something this genre needs

and like everything is not perfect and some people may don't like but saying that this game is terrible is bullshit

Oh sweet. Thanks for the feedback guys. Good thing I won't really pay the full $60 for this. See you all there.

It's a really boring game with no replay value. There's a handful of gamemodes, maps, and weapons. And the campaign crap they have it worthless no matter what you do.

Everyone has their own opinion so I will try it for a while then see for myself what it has to offer. Thanks for your opinion man!

Its ok however its 50gb w/ 34gb audio uncompressed which is just pure laziness, no sli support, NO HUD on 3 screens oh and the cherry on top 60 fps cap unchangeable!

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I am having a lot of crashes in Titanfall, and after I checked I am not the only one. Anyone else having this issue?

Link to thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Persistent-quot-Titanfall-exe-has-stopped-working-quot-crash/td-p/2477916/

Intel Core i5-3570K @4,2Ghz w/ Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 || MSI Z77A-G43 || Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8GB 1600Mhz CL9 || MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G || Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB || CM Storm Quickfire XT || Roccat Kone Pure Optical || Logitech z-623 // Fiio e09k+e07k and Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250Ohm + Zalman ZM-MIC1

No one can decide what you like what not so you have to try for yourself.100 people=100 opinions

Never pay full price on a game when you are playing on PC. On the Danish origin it cost 500kr which I would never pay for a game. Therefore I use cd key stores (cdkeyprices) which is a lot cheaper than buying it on steam or origin.

I was in the beta (haven't played the full game yet) and I really liked it, the main reason to buy this game is the gameplay and netcode, which is great. Go have play your BF4 (broken netcode), or call of duty, oh wait I forgot they don't give a FU about PC, and most of the cods are broken also.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Good points:

-Controls/input are fluid and responsive

-Fast paced, fun, action

-Good map design allows for a mixture of titan v titan, pilot v pilot and pilot v titan combat

-Guerilla style warfare and unique ways to escape from or enter engagement

Bad:

-Not enough weaponry (feels light on content). Expecting a lot of DLC.

-Smart pistol die in a fire, console peasant weapon

Comment:

Campaign seems largely just to try to please the 'zomgz no singleplayer' whiners. It's so fast-paced and the little cutscenes are happening while you are fighting real people in intense firefights. I've completed the campaign for both sides and couldn't tell you wtf even happened or choose one of the characters from a virtual lineup.

6 v 6 is optimal for the size of the maps. Anyone who complains about 6v6 either didn't buy the game 'because AI and 6v6' or hasn't been in a match where both teams have all 6 titans out.

Make the maps bigger to compensate and you have lower pilot density on the map = BF3/4 large maps, which without vehicles become a bore fest.

Played it for hours now, and it's been really fun, for me of course.

Only thing I'm having are ping issues, my ping tends to go up to 999 for no reason, other than that, the gameplay's really good.

Played it for hours now, and it's been really fun, for me of course.

Only thing I'm having are ping issues, my ping tends to go up to 999 for no reason, other than that, the gameplay's really good.

This may be a dumb question, but are you uploading anything while you play? My pings go up that high when my (legal) torrents upload.

This may be a dumb question, but are you uploading anything while you play? My pings go up that high when my (legal) torrents upload.

Nope. It's just our internet connection being pretty garbage, it usually happens when my cousin watches like 3 tabs of anime or something. Can't really do anything about that.