Need Advice to help Purchase a New Laptop!

Well I have been watching a lot of your videos thru facebook. I have found out a few things...
1. I really am Way dumb when it comes to you guys.
2. I really have found out there is a TON of products and information about computers and laptops that I just really don not know!

So I am in need of a new laptop. My current laptop is a Lenovo G560(0679-99U) that I bought back in 2010 when I was in deployed to Afghanistan. I bought it from Newegg and back then their customer service was Outstanding in helping me get a laptop that was great for what I needed and was able to ship it to me in afghanistan! Now.... They do not give advice any more!
So I'm asking the "Pros" for help to get me a new laptop. My Lenovo is starting to make noises and I know its just a matter of time before it dies on me.
My budget is $900.00. And That is stretch!!! I'm retired from the US Air Force but I still work on airplanes for a living. I play a couple of game and my favorit is Panzer General and New Panzer Commander. Now my Lenovo can't play the new game because it just doesn't have the power or equipment to get it done.

Could you please help out and old Guy with some advice on a new system that can do Word, Excel, Power Point, Acces and play new games for $900.00 or less???

Thank you so very much
V/R

F16egress

19 minutes ago, F16egress said:So I'm asking the "Pros" for help

First of all I’m gonna let you know that I’m not really a pro, but hopefully I can give you a checklist of sorts. You’re going to want to look for a laptop with an i5 or i7 most likely, pay attention to the generation, 8th and above will probably be the best for you. If you want start playing or doing more intense games or programs it might be good to try to find one that has a 2060, or 2070 in it. It will say so in the name if it does. I hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t really give you a solid answer.

also there are other laptop in maybe 100 to 150$ less then this thing that can perform almost the same but this is the best of the best right now

Just now, ZonalThrone said:

First of all I’m gonna let you know that I’m not really a pro, but hopefully I can give you a checklist of sorts. You’re going to want to look for a laptop with an i5 or i7 most likely, pay attention to the generation, 8th and above will probably be the best for you. If you want start playing or doing more intense games or programs it might be good to try to find one that has a 1650, 1660, 2060, or 2070 in it. It will say so in the name if it does. I hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t really give you a solid answer.

Just now, ZonalThrone said:

First of all I’m gonna let you know that I’m not really a pro, but hopefully I can give you a checklist of sorts. You’re going to want to look for a laptop with an i5 or i7 most likely, pay attention to the generation, 8th and above will probably be the best for you. If you want start playing or doing more intense games or programs it might be good to try to find one that has a 2060, or 2070 in it. It will say so in the name if it does. I hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t really give you a solid answer.

there is no laptop in 900$ range with a 2000 series gpu in it

Just now, Alireza said:

there is no laptop in 900$ range with a 2000 series gpu in it

Well also a 1600 series would be good. I don’t know much about laptops

1 minute ago, ZonalThrone said:

Well also a 1600 series would be good. I don’t know much about laptops

checkout the unicorn I mentioned up there!

1 minute ago, ZonalThrone said:

From what i've noticed the "gaming" variant is cheper than the "office" counterpart.

The bang for the buck, i think is a i5 (the most recent generation you find) with the termination "H". It can perform as well as the i7 "U" from the same generation (and the i7 is sometimes more expensive).

The video card is usually a 1650 ti or 1660 ti in this price range. If you find a deal with a 2060/2060 ti for a little more money i think it is worth it.

DO NOT BUY A LAPTOP WITH A 1650!!! MAKE SURE IT IS A 1650 TI  (the ti variant is a little bit better, usually in the same price range)

The storage is up to you and the memory should be 8 gb (if you don't do video editing you won't neet more)

Thank you all for the info and advise!!  I really do appreciate it So Very Much...

Ok the above link to the ROG has a 1650 in it.... So How do I find out if it has a 1650TI in it?

1 hour ago, F16egress said:

Ok the above link to the ROG has a 1650 in it.... So How do I find out if it has a 1650TI in it?

it has 1650 not TI variant

here is a acer gaming laptop with a 1650 TI for 75$ more

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Hexa-Core-Processor-Keyboard-AN515-44-R078/dp/B08CPW7WP7?th=1

but compare to asus ROG laptop. It has a weaker processor

I personally recommend going with ROG model because the acer not only has a weaker processor but being in single channel mode memory is also another bottleneck for the cpu that keeping it from reaching its full potential

asus model is in single channel too but intel cpu's are not going to have a huge bottleneck over single channel mode

maybe 1 to 2%

so even if acer model have a better gpu

the cpu is keeping it back from reaching its full potential

the other 1650 ti laptop are above 1000 bucks for some stupid reason

also don't forget the INCREDIBLE build quality of all asus product

Alireza... Now that helps a lot! Thank you so very much for that...I will apply your help and let you know how it turns out.