Monitor Questions

BlahDude

Hi! I'm setting up a working-from-home and gaming setup in an H-configuration:

r/buildapcmonitors - Monitor Purchasing Questions (along with GPU)

I game on Monitor3. Right now, I have two Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 144Hz as my Monitor2 and Monitor3. I would like to get 27" 1440p monitors for the rest (Monitor1, Monitor4-5). I was looking at 32" 4k 144Hz monitor for Monitor3, but I couldn't find one.  Also, the distance between me and Monitor3 is about 21 inches.  

My GPUs are an RTX3080 and a NVS 510. Curious if I should upgrade the NVS 510 to something else with 3x DisplayPort GPU. Something that stays cool would be nice.

Questions:

1. Should I go for higher refresh rate monitors for Monitors 1, 4-5? Or 60Hz?

2. How come some 60Hz monitors are as expensive as high refresh rate monitors? I don't understand the difference between the two types.

3. Which monitors would you recommend?

4. Should I upgrade to another GPU and which one?

5. Are there any good 32" 4k 144Hz monitor with G-Sync?

6. Or, is it worth getting a 27" 4k 144Hz monitor with G-Sync?

Thank you for reading!

4 minutes ago, BlahDude said:

Should I go for higher refresh rate monitors for Monitors 1, 4-5? Or 60Hz?

Over 60Hz is really only needed for gaming, so if you won't be gaming; I wouldn't go for more than 60Hz

4 minutes ago, BlahDude said:

How come some 60Hz monitors are as expensive as high refresh rate monitors? I don't understand the difference between the two types.

There is more to a monitor than just its refresh rate.

Color accuracy and viewing angles will be particularly important for a monitor that is off to your side, so I would pay more attention to that than refresh rate.

I don't have any specific monitor recommendations, as it relies a lot on what you find most important.

If I were to look for a monitor for this type of setup, I would look in something with good viewing angles and the same size as  you have now.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thank you!

Would a Dell Ultrasharp U2719D would be good to fill out the rest of the spots?  

What do you think about the GPU?  Should I look into a GTX1660 Ti (as they have three Display Ports)?

Would I be able to tell a difference if my gaming monitor is a 27" 4k 144Hz G-Sync monitor from 21" viewing distance?

I apologize for all of the questions.  

Currently, I have an RTX 3080 (3 Displayport) and an NVS 510 (4 mini DisplayPort).  I wasn't sure if the NVS is sufficient or if I should look into a newer GPU such as a GTX 1660 Ti.