coding languages

hello, I am very new to coding and want to learn coding. I am wondering which coding language I should learn? java, python, javascript, c++... there are so many. I just want to make simple programs, like games, etc... what coding language should i learn. I'm leaning towards java, python, or javascript.

imo c/c++ it is hard yes but if you learn them other languages will be a LOT easier to learn

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

I heavily suggest python as a starter language.

Once you have some reasonable mastery over python, the C family of languages are a excellent choice.

But be aware that you may need to use GCC to compile your code if you use C

Python has IDLE fro free which will be nice for beginners. 

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

3 minutes ago, fffkylian said:

hello, I am very new to coding and want to learn coding. I am wondering which coding language I should learn? java, python, javascript, c++... there are so many. I just want to make simple programs, like games, etc... what coding language should i learn. I'm leaning towards java, python, or javascript.

Well i have interests in loads of languages so ill take a min and give some advice from a new. Personally i like C# or C-Sharp with .Net framework. It may be tempting to start with VB.net, but i highly recommend against it. Its on the out plus learning C# syntax is so helpful moving forward. 

Knowing a dab of C# allows for a moving into your goal, make games. I would recomend Unity3D. Its free and awesome.

If you are looking for a simpler yet powerful start to coding. Install anaconda and look for some jupyter notebooks on learning python. This is probably the best way to learn.

I would also have a goal set when learning coding. For example in 2003 i had two goals when i picked up coding. SolidWorks Api & World of Warcraft Ai bot program. I was successful with both, and the goals forced my research all over the place within .Net coding. 

Good lick!

Yeah I'd say start with something forgiving like Python then move to a C variation. 

Youll probably give up with C if you don't have any dependent guidance 

Something like Java could also be nice 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Depends on what app you want to focus on.

Android = Java, or to some extend HTML / Javascript (node js / web app).

Apple Ios = C / Objective-C / Swift

Windows = C and it's derivative.

Unreal Engine (game) = C++

Unity = C#

Python is probably the easiest to learn, will get you the basic of programming structure.

C is the hardest but mastering it would make it easier to switch to another environment (especially C family).

For extra, having HTML / CSS / Javascript is a bonus for better front end development.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Games are not simple programs. Sorry to tell you this, they might, but they aren't. Like @SupaKomputa said, there are a multitude of tools for a multitude of different purposes, but, I would recommend web developer, might pave your way to world of different things (including games see here), and might also very easily land you a job.

See this, for a good starting point.

EDIT: Sorry, web means javascript, which at this point, can do anything, really. MDN has a great little course and the de-facto JS documentation as well .