Low FPS on RTX 3080

LYPTUS
On 10/28/2020 at 12:20 PM, Master Disaster said:

Its almost certainly your PSU.

VRel = Voltage Reliability. The card has throttled because its not getting a stable current feed.

VOp = Voltage Operation. The card has throttled because its hitting the max available voltage.

Are you sure this is what these messages mean? Could it possibly be GPU internal SMDs (various caps, mosfets, chokes, etc.) that aren't able to supply reliable power to the core?

Reason I ask is that I'm seeing these flags regularly with good 850W+ PSUs.

Another severely disappointed gigabyte 3080 OC owner checking in. CSGO is my game, and I can't even maintain steady 144 fps on 1440p very high 馃槩

Hi, 3080 owner here, i've been lurking this thread and other similars about that gpu, i just wanted to add to the PSU discussion :聽
I have a Corsair RM850x and GPUz give me the same issue, is that even possible?聽

poor perfs.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have similar issue with warzone. I get avg 130 fps on 1440p + low settings + RTX OFF.
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
- MSI LIQUIDCORE 240R cpu cooler
- ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS motherboard
- G.Skill Ripjaws V 64GB 3200Mhz
- RTX 3080 10GB Gigabyte OC
- Gigabyte GP-P850GM 850W 80 Plus Gold PSU

The power limit set by the bios (94.02.26.48.70) is 370w and voltage limit is 1.09.

With warzone the gpu board draws only ~240W but the voltage is maxed at 1.08. Heaven benchmark D11 doesn't hit the limit of voltage but it hits the power limit ~355w.

I'm still trying to figure out what could be the reason and trying out some other benchmarks for D12 because I believe that with my specs I should be able to get more fps.