So I found a computer on the side of the road...

BustinJustin

The Safe?

An Imgur/Reddit thing. There was a guy who found an old safe in a cellar... and he was gonna try and open it.. took him weeks i think.

Then all hell broke lose and everyone found safes everywhere :P

here is one (couldnt find the original):

http://imgur.com/gallery/oaSYi

An Imgur/Reddit thing. There was a guy who found an old safe in a cellar... and he was gonna try and open it.. took him weeks i think.

Then all hell broke lose and everyone found safes everywhere :P

here is one (couldnt find the original):

http://imgur.com/gallery/oaSYi

Not sure why people are going around digging up safes for fun but ok.

I get paid on Tuesday so I will be ordering a new case and possibly some ram. I'm not entirely sure that I wanna try the gaming angle. Would a pci-e 1x to 16x riser even give me 16x performance? I don't really know. 

What would you guys like to see me do with it? Possibly a log. (build log, not a tree trunk)

If it can mean anything to anybody at any time, it means nothing.

I get paid on Tuesday so I will be ordering a new case and possibly some ram. I'm not entirely sure that I wanna try the gaming angle. Would a pci-e 1x to 16x riser even give me 16x performance? I don't really know. 

What would you guys like to see me do with it? Possibly a log. (build log, not a tree trunk)

Why not just set up a home server/NAS?

Why not just set up a home server/NAS?

I have zero need for either.

The 750Ti won't work in that case, BUT you could mod it and turn it into a mini-itx Steam Box w/ a riser card for the GPU.... 

i don't see PCIE so not even that

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

I actually work with these all the damn time. (I volunteer at a refurbishing center for ex-felons) They're not bad systems. LGA 775 boards, pci-e, I know at my work we loaded one up with a Core 2 Quad q6600, 6gb DDR2 800 RAM, 500 GB HDD low profile graphics card for dual monitors and we use it as our new server. :P We're a non-profit so we don't get much coming in. We have about a half dozen of these sitting on the back wall. It makes me sad to see that someone just threw it out. I know a lot of people who would love a nice little system like it.

take out things you can use like the hard drive

Cpu: FX8350 MoboGigabyte GA.990FXA-UD3  GPU: EVGA GTX770 2GB  RAM: 8GB Crucial ballistix tactical tracer  STORAGE: Crucial M500 240GB /seagate barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair RM750  CASE: Xigmatek Talon  COOLING: Corsair H100i KEYBOARD: Quickfire TK KEYPAD: Razer Nostromo MOUSE: Razer Naga 2012  HEADSET: Tritton pro+

i don't see PCIE so not even that

The mobo has a pci-e slot

I have zero need for either.

dude load the steam os on it and have a steam machine 

Current: CPU: Intel i7-8700k. Mobo: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5. RAM: 16gb G Skill Trident Z RGB. GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super.

First: CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.5GHz. Mobo: Asus ROG crosshair V formula-Z. RAM: 8GB Patriot Viper XTreme. GPU: Asus Radeon 7950.

I was using one of these for my first "gaming" PC haha. Not the one OP posted, but the full tower variation.

I put a GTX 550ti in it and a Corsair GS700 PSU, worked fine. I've since upgrade past it and built a full tower, I have the Dell, 550ti and Corsair PSU still, just not being used, yet :P

I'd definitely get a decent 500w PSU and a 750ti to put in it, would be a nice gaming/emulator box.

750 without ti low profile may work better for you. Less power=less heat (:

750 without ti low profile may work better for you. Less power=less heat (:

I didn't know the regular 750 as a thing.

I've taken that exact computer apart many times at my former job. I couldn't find much use for it there.

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I didn't know the regular 750 as a thing.

It is and only has a tdp of 55w instead of 60 and I assume that it may/could be a little smaller

It is and only has a tdp of 55w instead of 60 and I assume that it may/could be a little smaller

but it doesn't have that cute little fan that the 750TI does.

Well, right now, I am trying to install Linux on my old Pentium III system to use as a server. It's an SFF pizza box, so i don't know if putting a second hard drive is feasible.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, right now, I am trying to install Linux on my old Pentium III system to use as a server. It's an SFF pizza box, so i don't know if putting a second hard drive is feasible.

Wow we are talking about linux right now on experiences with non-techies.

Windows 8? What?

It's all wonky but I suspect some of that is to do with drivers because I just yanked the boot drive from my main rig.

kMCeqnt.jpg

Installing Open Suse on another hdd. Hopefully that will make things better. The disk drive that was in the computer is no good :(

8KH91hX.jpg

Check the harddrive. there may be fun things on it  :ph34r:

2nd that , maybe its the harddrive with those bitcoins on it :D

Main Rig : i7 5960X - 16GB DDR4 LPX 2400mhz - Asus Rampage V - 980GTX Ti - AX1200i - 650D - H110 - 1TB 840 EVO SSD - 30 inch HP 1600p IPS + 2xHP 20 inch 1600x1200 PLP setup! - Oculus DK2 - Logitech G502 - Corsair K70 RGB - Fanatec GT3 Wheel

i7 3930K - 16GB DDR3 2133mhz - Asus Rampage IV - 2 x 680GTX - AX850 - 550D - H100i - 256GB 830 Pro SSD - 2713HM 1440p IPS - G5 -

i5 3570K - MSI SLI Z87 motherboard - 4GB Corsair 1600mhz - Adaptec 31205 - Dell Perc 5/i - Intel Quad PT1000 Gigabit Network Card - Loads of 4TB RED's - +-70tb total storrage - HX850watts - Ri-Vier 24bay 4 U case

Installing Open Suse on another hdd. Hopefully that will make things better. The disk drive that was in the computer is no good :(

8KH91hX.jpg

why not just install it via a bootable USB?

why not just install it via a bootable USB?

Problems. It doesn't even want to boot into Open Suse now. It's saying it can't find /dev/root. Maybe I'll try installing through usb.

So I got Kubuntu working. Runs butter smooth. Any suggestions for good free htpc os?

YYn3e8T.jpg