Programming forum - language

pythonmegapixel

It would make it so much easier for me to help people with their programming issues if they'd put in the thread title what language they're using. For example there are some languages I am very familiar with (Python, HTML/JS/CSS); some I have a basic understanding of (Java and the C family) and some I know nothing about at all. I'm really put off browsing this forum by the fact that pretty much every other post I click will be about something I am unfamiliar with.

Any chance we could see a banner at the top of the programming forum saying something along the lines of  "If you are asking for help with your code, please put which language you are using in the thread title" or something?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

It would be good if they did that

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

The same people who don't use code tags are the ones who won't define what language they're using.

A format could possibly help, but it seems to be about 50/50 where people need programming help vs logic or other help, where a format wouldn't be utilized 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Form might be here more helpful than other subforums since I don't see as many moved threads as with New Builds or Troubleshooting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

A topic template might work in that it might force people to read it before they post, but I don't think it would be at all useful as an actual template for programming topics because they are too broad to fit a template. Longer term I think it would be good to have a proper solution that doesn't rely on putting stuff in the editor, but for now I will add that.

HTTP/2 203

This sounds similar to the troubleshooting forum where about 50/50 don't list specs, or leave out the important ones. 

A template might help though, I think most people just 'forget' to mention it because they're too focused on the actual problem ala "it doesn't boot plz fix!" 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity