Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why is WIFI and BLUETOOTH not working after installing the card?

Hello! I recently bought a Wifi/Bluetooth card from Mavis Laven and chose the AX200 chip. 

 

I installed the card onto my ASrock B550 pro4 motherboard into the correct spot, yet I have no Wifi or Bluetooth signal. What am I doing wrong? No drivers were provided for this card.

 

Can anyone help me out?

 

Thanks in advanced!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have an antenna to attach to the AX200 chip? Without an antenna the signal will not be strong enough to reach anything.

Intel Core i5-8400 / ASRock Z370 Pro 4 / Hyper 212 Evo / 16GB DDR4 @3000 / MSI RTX 2070 Armor / Corsair RM550x / SanDisk 250GB / 1TB WD HDD / Fractal Design Define R4

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rap4d said:

Hello! I recently bought a Wifi/Bluetooth card from Mavis Laven and chose the AX200 chip. 

 

I installed the card onto my ASrock B550 pro4 motherboard into the correct spot, yet I have no Wifi or Bluetooth signal. What am I doing wrong? No drivers were provided for this card.

 

Can anyone help me out?

 

Thanks in advanced!

Reset the bios and make shure the antenna is connected. Also make shure you put the card in a pcie slot not a regular pci slot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kucharczykt said:

Reset the bios and make shure the antenna is connected. Also make shure you put the card in a pcie slot not a regular pci slot.

AMD AM4 boards don't have PCI slots, these are long dead.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lurick said:

AMD AM4 boards don't have PCI slots, these are long dead.

I forget that am4 boards no longer have pci slot and I know that pci is dead but they can still be found on some older motherboards

Link to post
Share on other sites

Windows will download the driver for it on its own, nothing needed.

 

You say no signal, but are the wifi and bluetooth settings available or not? 

 

What card exaclty? Is it an m.2 or full PCIe card? In what slot is it?

 

Need to give info...

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rap4d said:

Hello! I recently bought a Wifi/Bluetooth card from Mavis Laven and chose the AX200 chip. 

 

I installed the card onto my ASrock B550 pro4 motherboard into the correct spot, yet I have no Wifi or Bluetooth signal. What am I doing wrong? No drivers were provided for this card.

 

Can anyone help me out?

 

Thanks in advanced!

I'd check on ASROCK's page to see if there are any online driver updates there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Windows will download the driver for it on its own, nothing needed.

 

You say no signal, but are the wifi and bluetooth settings available or not? 

 

What card exaclty? Is it an m.2 or full PCIe card? In what slot is it?

 

Need to give info...

m.2 And I think e key

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kucharczykt said:

Reset the bios and make shure the antenna is connected. Also make shure you put the card in a pcie slot not a regular pci slot.

Antenna? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rap4d said:

ASrock B550 pro4

This board doesn't have wifi, did you put it in the m.2 slot?

You need an adapter to use it in regular M.2.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rap4d said:

Antenna? 

 You need an antenna in order for your pc to recive a wireless signal there should have been one in the box its just a little one that you can hide with your cables some even have a magnet so you can stick it to the side of your pc. If you bought your antenna used and there's no antenna then you will have to buy a replacement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rap4d said:

Antenna? 

You need an MHF4 to RP-SMA (female) cable. one end connects to the AX200 chip, the other to an antenna to boost the signal. Without it the signal is too weak to connect to devices.
It should look like this:
 spacer.png

the small cable connects to this on the Ax200 chip: 
spacer.png


 

 

14 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

You need an adapter to use it in regular M.2.

The AsRock B550 Pro4 does have a M.2 slot designated for wifi chips with the correct E-Key

Intel Core i5-8400 / ASRock Z370 Pro 4 / Hyper 212 Evo / 16GB DDR4 @3000 / MSI RTX 2070 Armor / Corsair RM550x / SanDisk 250GB / 1TB WD HDD / Fractal Design Define R4

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

This board doesn't have wifi, did you put it in the m.2 slot?

You need an adapter to use it in regular M.2.

Yes the card is m.2 E key

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Medicate said:

You need an MHF4 to RP-SMA (female) cable. one end connects to the AX200 chip, the other to an antenna to boost the signal. Without it the signal is too weak to connect to devices.
It should look like this:
 spacer.png

the small cable connects to this on the Ax200 chip: 
spacer.png


 

 

The AsRock B550 Pro4 does have a M.2 slot designated for wifi chips with the correct E-Key

Yup I used that card. Do I need the antena?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rap4d said:

Yes the card is m.2 E key

 

15 minutes ago, Medicate said:

The AsRock B550 Pro4 does have a M.2 slot designated for wifi chips with the correct E-Key

Yes that board support E key, you don't need a converter.

Wifi card can operate without an antenna, the signal will be low btw.

The problem is the card is not detected or wifi not signal is low?

Yes you need an antenna for it to work as intended.

Ryzen 2600 @ 4ghz | Radeon RX580 | 32gb HyperX 3200mhz | 500gb Samsung PM981a | 5 TB HDD | Corsair CX450

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rap4d said:

Yup I used that card. Do I need the antena?

Yes the antennas (ideally both, but at least one) are required. You'll have no signal at all without them.

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX2080S, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

 

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

 

GPD Win 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kilrah said:

Yes the antennas (ideally both, but at least one) are required. You'll have no signal at all without them.

Thank you!

 

Sorry for the late answer :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×