Question about torrent and external hard drive

Hey guys,

How do I prevent uTorrent from rechecking a torrent after accidentally removing an external hard drive? 

Also why are 5400rpm external hard drives so slow even with USB 3.0? Why do they still exist? 🤔 

Waiting for the stream of hostile comments! 🤮 I’ve come to only expect hostility and criticism from this forum’s members to newbies. 🥰 Love you guys too 💖💓💝

12 minutes ago, microsoftsam said:

Also why are 5400rpm external hard drives so slow even with USB 3.0?

HDDs are slow, period. It doesn't matter if you use USB3.0 or Thunderbolt or whatever, since it's the HDD that's the bottleneck.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

if you are torrenting, i prefer a extra "junk" drive solely downloading, and move the files around after finished

never used a ext drive, due to easily disconnected

finally DONT USE UTORRENT, USE QBTORRENT INSTEAD!

2 hours ago, microsoftsam said:

How do I prevent uTorrent from rechecking a torrent after accidentally removing an external hard drive?

When you unplugged your external drive, was utorrent running the background at that time? Did you plug the drive in BEFORE opening utorrent?

Also why are 5400rpm external hard drives so slow even with USB 3.0? Why do they still exist?

🤷‍♂️ They are cheaper, quieter and able to handle a bit more "harm" than 7200rpm drives. They should be able to run at their maximum speed on USB 3.0 though (something like 80~100 MB/s in Read/Write).

Do keep in mind that hard drives are limited in how much they can read/write at the same time. So if you're downloading multiple torrents at the same time(more than 3), it may not help with the speed since that's more movements the heads needs to do on the platters, especially if you have a very fast internet speed.

You can always upgrade to SSD storage if that is an issue for you.

Waiting for the stream of hostile comments! 🤮 I’ve come to only expect hostility and criticism from this forum’s members to newbies.

I went through some of your other posts and some of the replies to them, haven't seen what anyone would classify as "hostile comments" toward you. So I'm not too sure what you mean here. 🤔

(I did go through quickly though, maybe I missed something?)

Are you sure you're not mistaking criticisms/recommendations, for "hostility" ?

If you feel someone is being "hostile", do feel free to report it and explain your reasoning for a mod to know where you're coming from. If you were right, that post will be edited/deleted and the user warned. This will also help make this community a better place for everyone.

I would also suggest moving away from uTorrent. They sold out a long time ago and the only version that is still "truly free" without intrusive ads/malicious softwares built-in, is highly outdated and could be used as an attack vector to your machine. If you're on Linux like your other posts would make us believe, I would suggest simply using Transmission (is built-in a lot of Linux distro).

I'm personally partial to Tixati due to the features it has and how it's free without ads, malwares or anything of the sort.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.91711c65886a19370bff4bfe33b25152.png

Just to show it doesn't necessarily need to look like the screenshots on the main site

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv