Need PC Help Please!

Ilario

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and I'm still not the best with computers. I've been having an issue with my pc for a while where the frames have been extremely low for what my pc should be able to do. I have two RTX 2080 cards, i74930k,  32.00 GB of DDR3 ram and a Corsair AX 1500i. The company which I had gotten my PC from said it wasn't bottlenecking (which I think may be a lie) and also told me to disable NV link. In games like Modern Warfare I struggle to get past 100 FPS on 1080p and low and medium settings. Also games like CSGO which I play at 4:3 1280x960 and just managed to push 120 frames. I used to have 3 780ti cards before and all my frames on every game were a lot higher. Even games like Minecraft I just hit past 100 FPS with also low settings. I have had a lot of issues with the company and just want to solve this issue once and for all. Also for anyone wondering I had been given this PC back in 2014 through the make a wish foundation and had problems previously and then the PC was shipped back and major damage had been done therefore getting the RTX cards as a replacement. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. I have also reinstalled all latest drivers and such. 

Multi gpu for games is dead, there's like 13 titles that even support it and only like 4 that do it well.
How does your system behave when you disable nv link?

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Did you get more frames by disabling nvlink/ sli? 

Sometimes bad sli can reduce fps. 

Your cpu is definitely bottlenecking for games like csgo,  however 120 is very low. You should be able to get more. 

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

That cpu and two of those gpu's are a very poor match.  The sum of something is not the same as it's parts, rather two far more powerful gpu's on an old cpu could easily be weaker than the 3 old gpu's on the same cpu.  Thing's change over time and the cpu and gpu's being from the same era probably means more than brute force.  This is just hubby jubby thought but there are thing's that can't be explained with high level logic on computers sometimes.  I would imagine that optimization for the three gpu's that were meant to run in sli vs the optimization of two cards that weren't meant to run in sli/nvlink combined with an old cpu means a non-optimal combination.

I'm assuming that you are from a location where new hardware is difficult to come by and dual 2080's was your big splurge (would be for anyone) but those card's aren't meant to run at that low of resolution.  Your gpu's are light years ahead of the rest of your build.  Rather than putting a years salary on catching everything up to your cards I would recommend selling the card's and upgrade your system in a balanced fashion.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

at a lower screen res such as 1080p there will be a slight bottleneck higher screen resolutions will force the gpu to work harder hence less of a bottle neck  but also you dont mention if your cpu is overclocked most times  a cpu overclock will help i know on my old 990X with my 1660TI in rise of the tomb raider at stock cpu speeds i got around 60-70 fps at 1080p on high with an overclock i gained an extra 10-15 fps

10 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

Multi gpu for games is dead, there's like 13 titles that even support it and only like 4 that do it well.
How does your system behave when you disable nv link?

It still behaves the same, I've had it disabled for quiet a while. 

Are you getting more FPS than you need?

If money isn’t an issue plus you have more FPS than you need and it stays high enough then don’t worry.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

Are you getting more FPS than you need?

If money isn’t an issue plus you have more FPS than you need and it stays high enough then don’t worry.

No my problem is, I'm not getting enough frames. Like on Warzone I struggle to get 90 fps and that is so hard to play with especially playing on a 144hz monitor. 

Use task manager and see what is working on 100% while you are in game. Shooting titles are usually hard on cpu, and that is the "bottleneck" also ddr3 is kinda low. It can also be something else that is running on the background. Anyway task manager usually indicates the problem

12 minutes ago, PeachGr said:

Use task manager and see what is working on 100% while you are in game. Shooting titles are usually hard on cpu, and that is the "bottleneck" also ddr3 is kinda low. It can also be something else that is running on the background. Anyway task manager usually indicates the problem

Only thing I noticed while having task manager open is power usage is very high, I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

1 hour ago, Ilario said:

Only thing I noticed while having task manager open is power usage is very high, I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

Wlas CPU usage high?

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

17 hours ago, PeachGr said:

Wlas CPU usage high?

no it was normal 

Honestly, I would sell one of those GPUs along with your current mobo/cpu/ram, pick up a new processor, motherboard and RAM, and rebuild your system that way.  Since, as others have said, multi GPU gaming is really dead at this point, concentrating on a more capable CPU and faster RAM would likely be of a lot more benefit.  Unless you need to do compute heavy tasks beyond gaming.

3 hours ago, Warin said:

Honestly, I would sell one of those GPUs along with your current mobo/cpu/ram, pick up a new processor, motherboard and RAM, and rebuild your system that way.  Since, as others have said, multi GPU gaming is really dead at this point, concentrating on a more capable CPU and faster RAM would likely be of a lot more benefit.  Unless you need to do compute heavy tasks beyond gaming.

Yes ddr3 is about 5 years old, if not more.  Anew pc is relatively cheap

2 hours ago, PeachGr said:

Yes ddr3 is about 5 years old, if not more.  Anew pc is relatively cheap

Yeah I think that's the best thing to do, I was planning on upgrading soon anyway. 

3 hours ago, Ilario said:

Yeah I think that's the best thing to do, I was planning on upgrading soon anyway. 

good for you.
Btw it's not an upgrade, but a whole system replace :D

8 hours ago, PeachGr said:

good for you.
Btw it's not an upgrade, but a whole system replace :D

Hahaha true, hopefully I will finally be able to rid myself of origin pc once and for all.