ASUS B550 E-Gaming, Zen3 BIOS Questions (MB Bios is old, don't wanna buy a Zen2)

Title is very self explanatory.

I recently got a B550 E-Gaming from ASUS in prep for the new Ryzen CPU's, I intend to get a 5900x (or 5950x if I manage to get another 250 bucks randomly).

However, since I've got the MB even before the Zen3 announcement (in anticipation of rising prices) it doesn't have Zen3 support via BIOS yet. There is a Flash Button tho - I have no experience with that so here's a couple Questions:

It seems I need a Flash Drive with the BIOS on it, and the MB needs to be powered obviously. Is there any other Requirements? (For example a CPU sitting in the Socket at all or can that just be empty? Do i need RAM in it? Or can I just put in a 24-pin, the Flash Drive and press Flash?)

How likely is it that I fuck anything up and it ends rather badly? Are there any write-ups for the procedure?

Additional RGB-Question:
The build is gonna have both MB and GPU from Asus (both ROG), Fans are from Corsair (LL120 RGB's, I just think they're nicer looking than QL120's and QL performs worse (lower Static Pressure, lower CFM, higher Sound Level) with a higher price... Source is Corsair's own Tech Specs). Am I right that iCUE can now control ASUS ROG devices? Would I want to use Corsair RAM aswell for the RGB control or is that gonna be compatible through iCUE on that setup? (planning to use Trident Z RGB since it's available in 4000 Mhz). I'd ideally want to avoid having tons of RGB software as much as possible).

Also I'm in love with the Kraken Z73, and will most likely get that to go with the 5900x. Can I setup CAM (their RGB+Monitoring Software) and remove the program right away or will keeping CAM have and advantages? If there are big advantages I guess I can live with CAM + iCUE.

Thanks for your answers! It's especially hard to gather information on RGB Software compatibility tbh.

I did it yesterday on my MSI B550 Tomahawk, i just followed guide from manufacturer.

1. Download latest supported ROM for B550 Tomahawk from MSI website

2. Formatted flashdisk to FAT32

3. Renamed downloaded BIOS file to MSI.ROM

4. Moved file to USB

5. Inserted to marked USB slot

6. Pressed Q-Flash button, wait till stop blinking

I had only MB, PSU and Case cable connected. It will be very similar for ASUS boards aswell, just check the manual :)

1: Correct, just power the board, plug the USB stick in with the new BIOS formatted correctly into the slot labelled for it and press the button and let the magic happen.

2: partly... iCue can only control the motherboard RGB and GPU (Had to look it up and confirm, seems it was stealth patched in this summer), but nothing else. You will not be able to control anything attached to the RGB headers without adapter cables. I personally have an adapter cable from my 2080ti water block to Corsair. 

3: I find it best to stick with 1 eco system. less software, less bloatware... less headaches long term. For the controlling, you will need to leave the software running otherwise it will just default to whatever the default setting is without it. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

11 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

3: I find it best to stick with 1 eco system. less software, less bloatware... less headaches long term. For the controlling, you will need to leave the software running otherwise it will just default to whatever the default setting is without it. 

Ouch. I really hoped to be able to set it up once and then leave it. I also heavily dislike running avoidable bloatware (but I don't like Corsair's AiO's at all).

Thanks for the rest however, seems I have to look up CAM a bit more and see Performance impacts before deciding on that. Also have to see how to get Trident Z RGB Ram to work (or maybe Trident Z Royal Silver, really like the looks. Too sad iCUE can't control that yet, apparently iCUE is getting praised for effects/customizability alot)