iPhone magsafe corrupting hdd?

TheBean

Just me or is anyone else scared that an iPhone could damage/corrupt a hard drive in their laptop/computer?

How often do you intend on placing the phone directly on top of a hard drive..?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Ancedotally, using the megnetic properties of a 6inch speaker, I attached it directly to the side of a computer tower. It shouldn't have any effect, and it didn't.

I am thinking the Magsafe will leaps and bounds less problematic.

I mean a laptop has the hdd usually in the palm rest area where I sometimes leave my phone. its also just in the general vicinity so I just wanted to know if it could cause a problem down the line. is the magnet powerful enough to do hard to hdds from about 4 inches?

2 hours ago, Saksham said:

I mean a laptop has the hdd usually in the palm rest area where I sometimes leave my phone. its also just in the general vicinity so I just wanted to know if it could cause a problem down the line. is the magnet powerful enough to do hard to hdds from about 4 inches?

Or just don't leave your phone there

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 hours ago, Saksham said:

Likely no. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

Because of the magnetic field? No. It shouldn't be an issue. There's already neodymium magnets inside a HDD for the actuator and they'll have a stronger magnetic field than your phone sitting on top of a laptop on the outside of the HDD enclosure.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

People still use spinning drives?!

slash ess

I also played around with this recently and it took a heck of a lot more than those magnets to do anything at all.