My Cod's aren't working

Valorantsweat123

Hello I'm writing this because I'm not too sure how to fix this issue, I'm not great at trouble shooting problems. Everytime I try to play Any Cod, I can open the game but can't connect to online services. My among us wont let me join a game either. Other games like valorant and rocket league work perfectly fine though. I know for a fact that it's not my hardware because my pc is pretty overkill. I'm pretty sure it's not my wifi either because I have the best ping in every game I play. I had a full storage drive so I cleared some stuff out so maybe I deleted something? I'm not sure what could be causing this, so any tips or ideas would help. Thanks in advance.

Howdy and welcome. :)

if it’s some games but not other games it might be a setting somewhere.

the “I don’t know” solution might be to try reinstalling the games that don’t work and hoping that it automatically resets whatever setting it is.   It might be a setting in another unrelated program that flipped one of the numerous invisible switches in win10.  A reinstall might flip one back. I don’t know what setting it might be if it even is one.  I’m not all that knowledgeable though.  You might get lucky and someone will have a more specific idea about what is going on. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

yu might have told windows to let you use them on only public networks. Im not sure how to fit that tho. you might have to reinstall.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Your overkill rig can still be broken. For example if you plug your RAM into the wrong slots then your 32GB of RAM is now 16 GB. I personally have this issue every week where I take apart another person's computer, it has an overkill processor and a motherboard that just chokes that CPU out of all its potential. You call the system overkill but it will act the exact same as the same system with a cheaper and lower tier CPU because your motherboard won't choke that CPU. 

And none of your theories are correct, ping has absolutely nothing to do with this, and hopefully you were smart enough to not go deleting stuff in system folders (System32, Program Files, Windows, Etc.). Your computer is able to make contact with certain game servers and unable to make contact with others. I'm not knowledgeable in the netcode behind any of the games listed (actually I only understand part of CSGO's netcode), but it is more likely this is an issue with how your OS, NIC, router or even your ISP (that last one especially if you are outside the US)  is handling traffic to and from specific servers and connections through certain clients (bc port numbers). 

Try to plug in by ethernet, find a way to set your firewall/sharing to private network (I always struggle to find it, I can sometimes spend 10 minutes trying to find the switch bc I think it has changed positions with different Win 10 versions and I still work on computers running windows 7 or the winter 2015 update of Win 10.)

You can also find a menu somewhere in control panel to "allow a specific program through firewall" and make sure COD and among us are allowed to go through. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

7 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

or example if you plug your RAM into the wrong slots then your 32GB of RAM is now 16 GB

if all ram is slotted in all the way, no, you still have 32gb, but just half speed

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

if all ram is slotted in all the way, no, you still have 32gb, but just half speed

Not half speed, but prob the minimum JEDEC speed. For example 2666 MHz ram installed the wrong way may not have a stable XMP and require 2133 MHz no matter what. But if that happens most people usually re-seat their RAM and hopefully they check the manual to see that they installed it wrong. 

And my example was using 2 out of 4 DIMM slots. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

Just now, Nathanpete said:

Not half speed, but prob the minimum JEDEC speed. For example 2666 MHz ram installed the wrong way may not have a stable XMP and require 2133 MHz no matter what. But if that happens most people usually re-seat their RAM and hopefully they check the manual to see that they installed it wrong. 

And my example was using 2 out of 4 DIMM slots. 

i neant slots 1+2 instead of 2 +4 or 1+3

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Thanks for the responses but its not a hardware issue I know that, Many of these games used to work perfectly fine, and it's happening to games I just downloaded. I may have accidentally deleted something, but why does it only effect certain games? It also happened on pubg. Maybe these games have something different than the ones that work but idk.

2 hours ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Sorry.... something wrong with your fishes.

huh?

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Howdy and welcome. :)

if it’s some games but not other games it might be a setting somewhere.

the “I don’t know” solution might be to try reinstalling the games that don’t work and hoping that it automatically resets whatever setting it is.   It might be a setting in another unrelated program that flipped one of the numerous invisible switches in win10.  A reinstall might flip one back. I don’t know what setting it might be if it even is one.  I’m not all that knowledgeable though.  You might get lucky and someone will have a more specific idea about what is going on. 

I'm gonna try that in a few days thanks for your suggestion.

5 hours ago, Valorantsweat123 said:

Thanks for the responses but its not a hardware issue I know that, Many of these games used to work perfectly fine, and it's happening to games I just downloaded. I may have accidentally deleted something, but why does it only effect certain games? It also happened on pubg. Maybe these games have something different than the ones that work but idk.

If it’s happening on recently downloaded stuff but not earlier downloaded stuff reloading likely won’t help. :/

bright side is it’s likely an easily get to able setting you may have changed, or another program you also downloaded may have flipped it.  Knowing what you added between games working and not working might say something.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

-> Moved to PC Gaming

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv