Business Laptop Recommendation

Hi,

My wife's work laptop is a cheap Inspiron 14 3000 and it struggles with her daily tasks, even after I upgraded it to 8gb of RAM. Her work is a small business with no IT department and is allowing her an upgrade around $1,000 USD.

Her main use is data processing within Excel and work within internet browsers. Her biggest issue with her old device is the Excel issue and how unresponsive it is. I know I want her to have 16 GB of RAM, a USB type A port, and HDMI out is a needed. Because of this I am thinking we are looking at a 15inch laptop, but if there is something in the 13 inch that would be great. A dedicated Ethernet port would be a plus I currently have the XPS 13 9380 which she likes, but doesn't meet the need in ports. She also uses an external mouse and keyboard, so not a high priority, but when she does take it to meetings it would be a bonus for a decent track pad and keyboard.

I was looking at AMD laptops, but with lack of supply and not staying up to speed on all the new laptops I don't know what is the best buy currently. I'm not against Intel, but was going for the most bang for your buck approach.

Any suggestions would be great. We don't have brand loyalty to anyone, and though she has a budget of $1,000 she doesn't need to hit it if she doesn't need to.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

On 10/17/2020 at 4:34 PM, GhostRoadieBL said:

Thanks for the suggestions. She definitely doesn't need a Quadro at all. I will take a look at the Asus laptop. Thanks.