BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 on AM4 Socket

JanHechenberger

Hello,

I want to mount my BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 on a AM4 Socket. Has anyone found a way to do that? 

They did not make a am4 adapter kit for it so sadly no way to get it on there part from the sketchy ziptie mounting which for such a heavy cooler is a terrible idea.

46 minutes ago, JanHechenberger said:

So you think, I just should try my luck ? 

worst case you can drill a pair of holes and still mount it. the size is too similar to justify a full redesign from the company so it makes sense to keep the same manufacturing specs

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

• 7 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 1:30 AM, JanHechenberger said:

Hello,

I want to mount my BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 2 on a AM4 Socket. Has anyone found a way to do that? 

Need Kitbz006 to fit on am4. Used it with my dark rock pro 2 on a msi tomahawk b450. BeQuiet told me that I can use this kit on my own risk.. Its ok

• 2 years later...

It took 2 years? Lol!

Thanks for sharing!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂