[VC] Sapphire shows off Radeon R9 290X TOXIC with 8GB memory

KakaoDj
As it turns out, the VAPOR-X will be followed with a new TOXIC model. Of course it will also have 8GB RAM. The cooler is the same, only the blue color scheme has been replaced with gold or orange depending how you see it.

Unsurprisingly, Sapphire R9 290X TOXIC is equipped with a backplate. It serves both aesthetic and cooling purpose.

Sapphire is also working on non-X models. Cards will use the same cooling solution as VAPOR-X. You can find the picture right below, notice it’s factory-overclocked.

Source

Can't wait for the 4K benchmarks, this thing will probably kick modded skyrim's ass  :lol:

Sapphire-R9-290X-TOXIC-8GB-1.jpg

Sapphire-R9-290X-TOXIC-8GB-2.jpg

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Damn...Future-proof much?

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

$1000 at least

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I would expect it to be in the $1300 range.

really? It's just double the memory...

You don't see 4GB 770s for 600$

really? It's just double the memory...

You don't see 4GB 770s for 600$

Because it's a high end card, like ram, 4gb for $50 and 8gb for $100, it doubles in price. Such as the GTX 780 with 3gb and titan with 6, there is a $450-550 difference.

Because it's a high end card, like ram, 4gb for $50 and 8gb for $100, it doubles in price. Such as the GTX 780 with 3gb and titan with 6, there is a $450-550 difference.

Titan being more expensive has little to nothing to do with VRAM

This isnt going to do shit in skyrim the 780ti will do better bethesda like nvidia cards better

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Titan being more expensive has little to nothing to do with VRAM

The 780 and titan? Yes it does, ram and vram are practically the same. The more vRam it has the more spendy the card is going to be no matter the circumstances. 

The 780 and titan? Yes it does, ram and vram are practically the same. The more vRam it has the more spendy the card is going to be no matter the circumstances. 

Your point is true about the difference between the 780/780Ti vs the Titan, but the Titan was never intended to be a "Gaming" card. It has features the two equivalents do not, such as double precision floating point calculations on the GPU.

On a Different note, with the 6 GB Vram on the Titan, people have shown that 1 Titan is not enough for 4K Gaming, So maybe Sapphire are presenting a solution for the time being but as soon as 8K rolls around, I don't think this card will have enough vRam. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Unless you buy like 2-3 of them I don't see a point...

@Alexp10v2 I don't think it's the 6gb that's the problem, it's the problem of having not enough GPU horsepower.  Which having only one of these 290x's would still not fix, you'd need atleast 2-3 to saturate that much vram effectively without getting 20fps lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Damn, that is sexy

Just because something has more vram does not make it perform better at higher resolutions.

Expect similar results to normal 290x's in 4k.

I'd rather have a MSI Lightning 290x and watercool it.

This and the vapor-x versions will be great for multicard users.

If you just want one it is better to get the 4 GB version. You will never use 8 GB with just one card.

This and the vapor-x versions will be great for multicard users.

If you just want one it is better to get the 4 GB version. You will never use 8 GB with just one card.

Unless you use like 769 mods with skyrim

This card may be able to run 4k but it probably still wont have that horse power to actually run it well, unless 2 or 3 way crossfire, but for most people that is pretty unrealistic.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

This card may be able to run 4k but it probably still wont have that horse power to actually run it well, unless 2 or 3 way crossfire, but for most people that is pretty unrealistic.

2.5-4GB Vram seems to be enough for 4k

144Hz goodness

2.5-4GB Vram seems to be enough for 4k

I know but my point was what is the point of running 4k if a 290x doesn't really have enough power to get the high res textures and effects in 4k.

(sneezes) "Sorry I'm allergic to bullshit"

I know but my point was what is the point of running 4k if a 290x doesn't really have enough power to get the high res textures and effects in 4k.

yeah, didn't read properly, sorry. 

144Hz goodness