Looking for a new Monitor

Kugus

Im looking for a new  32-36 inch  primary display that will be used for gaming, watching yt and working on word files for university. I want to have a refresh rate of 144hz although more is certainly welcome but not really needed and i want the display to have HDR. So far i´ve been looking at the Odyssey G7 32 inch but it only has HDR600 and i´m not sure about 1440p vs 4k since my now primary  then secondary display is 4k.

4k@144hz needs a lot of gpu to drive it.  Even 1440p@144hz needs some muscle.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Planning on getting myself a 3080 and an 5900X once they are available

Of course.  Everyone seems to be going for the hype train combo.  By the time those are actually available there will be products competing with both of them.  You’ll want a lot of PSU.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

try to look in amazon and newegg for stuff with good reviews, and you can find good ultrawides with 100 hertz for much cheaper then 144 hertz ones