Opinion needed rx5500m vs team green

Opinion needed:  I want to purchase a middle weight gaming laptop.

I am afraid that the rx5600m will have compatibility issues and sub par driver optimisation. 

On the plus side for the Red Team:

The Dell G5SE already is close to Rtx2060 performance and I am expecting the MSI Alpha to be at par with the 2060 because of better thermal design.

I don't see using raytracing on a mobile 2060 so the Nvidia 1660ti looks like the contender on the green side and the 2070 would be the choice if I want to go with raytracing option.

The 5600 is cheaper than the 1660ti and I can get Freesync on the MSI Alpha.

On the plus side for the Green team:

The drivers are better optimised for WOW.

There is a lot of choice of laptop

I can get a machine from Dell, HP or Lenovo and have a keyboard layout with my language for the 90% on nongaming usage.

Finally I am located in Canada so I don't even know of MSI will sell the Alpha rx5600m here.  I am waiting for a review of the Alpha 5600m before making my final choice

Currently I have a Ryzen 1700 with a RX480 8GB and I want an upgrade in performance

Edited by Charles_2007
Add current system

14 minutes ago, Charles_2007 said:

The 5600m seems equal/faster than the 1660ti here depending on the game.

AMD's driver's are fine, and you have features like GPU Chill, or Radeon Boost + Sharpening to save on cooling or cheat out more fps.

And any gaming laptop is probably going to run hot and have not great battery life.

Any options with a Ryzen 4000 mobile chip?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

8 minutes ago, Charles_2007 said:

I am looking at these tho computer

Should probably just pick which has bigger/better cooling

MSI one has a bit larger battery, seems to be the same specs otherwise

unless one is way cheaper of course

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

As someone that has the first alpha 15 (3750H and 5500m) I have to say, works fine!

Needed some BIOS updates in the beginning but for the last 6-ish months, not a single problem.
Apart from Windows 10 being an arse and kept installing older drivers which did make a difference (around 8-10% in my specific use case) everything just works. No crashes or anything annoying.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon