What memory should i buy

2 minutes ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z3600C14 That one runs around $200 if you can find it, and has pretty great XMP profile settings.

Are you wanting to go up to 32GBs or stay at 16GB?  If you're fine with staying with 16GB, that lowers your "price bracket" by a good bit, since 32GB kits run a pretty penny in comparison.

I want to upgrade to 32 gb but at a reasonable price for performance, i would be ok with 32 gb of 3600 c16 or even lower at 250-350

But more then that seams too much

Let me have a look see & figure out what kind of RAM/CPU communications layout your motherboard has that way I know if 4-DIMMs or 2 DIMMs of RAM is better for your case.

Save up to 10% on eVGA.com purchases, use my Associates Code: 47AQQ6KPU2IZNXY

My system on ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42686 

Primary Rig:

CPU: AMD 5950X at 4.65GHz 1.275V - Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - PSU: eVGA P2 1200W

CPU Cooler: EK Quantum Velocity Block (480mm XE Radiator with push/pull EK Vardar D-RGB fans)

2 x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz CL14 RAM (14-15-15-35-1T at 1.45V)

GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hybrid - Core @ 2160MHz @ 1068mV, VRAM +1000MHz

Case: Thermaltake View 91 - SSDs/HDDs: Too many to list; Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 2TB M.2s, Samsung 4TB SATA SSD

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor

Just now, HoneyBadger84 said:

Let me have a look see & figure out what kind of RAM/CPU communications layout your motherboard has that way I know if 4-DIMMs or 2 DIMMs of RAM is better for your case.

Ok, thank you very much 

11 minutes ago, raybwolf said:

Ok, thank you very much 

So according to Buildzoid (someone very informed on electrical layout of PCBs/motherboards/video cards, and RAM overclocking/configuration) - Asus & Gigabyte both use T-Topology Memory layouts on Z390 platforms.  So it would be "better" for future potential overclocking, and general stability, if you get a 4-DIMM memory set, so 4 sticks.

So either 4x4GB or 4x8GB would be better for your board, as having "empty" slots actually increases "noise" and can lead to lower performance... it's not super-important, just "better" for the board & memory controller (on the CPU).

Primary Rig:

CPU: AMD 5950X at 4.65GHz 1.275V - Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - PSU: eVGA P2 1200W

CPU Cooler: EK Quantum Velocity Block (480mm XE Radiator with push/pull EK Vardar D-RGB fans)

Case: Thermaltake View 91 - SSDs/HDDs: Too many to list; Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 2TB M.2s, Samsung 4TB SATA SSD

31 minutes ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

So according to Buildzoid (someone very informed on electrical layout of PCBs/motherboards/video cards, and RAM overclocking/configuration) - Asus & Gigabyte both use T-Topology Memory layouts on Z390 platforms.  So it would be "better" for future potential overclocking, and general stability, if you get a 4-DIMM memory set, so 4 sticks.

So either 4x4GB or 4x8GB would be better for your board, as having "empty" slots actually increases "noise" and can lead to lower performance... it's not super-important, just "better" for the board & memory controller (on the CPU).

Can you help me find set of 4 stick 8gb each

3600 c16 or less?

I need low profile, 34mm is the highest i can get without interfere with the cooler

And i hope it wouldn't go above 300 usd

8 hours ago, raybwolf said:

Can you help me find set of 4 stick 8gb each

3600 c16 or less?

I need low profile, 34mm is the highest i can get without interfere with the cooler

And i hope it wouldn't go above 300 usd

I would see if you can find this one at a retailer you can get it from without too much import tax or whatnot:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK32GX4M4B3200C16

It's on Amazon for me, but I'm in the US: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-32GB-3200MHz-Memory/dp/B017NW5RW8 - that's well within your price range in USD though, it's 4x8GB, CL16 3200MHz, the timings aren't spectacular, but they're acceptable, especially given the price.

Primary Rig:

48 minutes ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

I would see if you can find this one at a retailer you can get it from without too much import tax or whatnot:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK32GX4M4B3200C16

It's on Amazon for me, but I'm in the US: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-32GB-3200MHz-Memory/dp/B017NW5RW8 - that's well within your price range in USD though, it's 4x8GB, CL16 3200MHz, the timings aren't spectacular, but they're acceptable, especially given the price.

I have 3200mhz with 16 18 18 36

Is it better to stay with this?

I wanted to find something faster with low timing but i need things at very specific high and all of that

But i wanted to know if the kit that i have will have a negative impact on my system in the future, i want to upgrade to 4080 or something that will came out in the future and play on 4k above 144 fps and editing video's and stuff without any lag or problem

42 minutes ago, raybwolf said:

I have 3200mhz with 16 18 18 36

Is it better to stay with this?

I wanted to find something faster with low timing but i need things at very specific high and all of that

But i wanted to know if the kit that i have will have a negative impact on my system in the future, i want to upgrade to 4080 or something that will came out in the future and play on 4k above 144 fps and editing video's and stuff without any lag or problem

Buying a second kit of what you have & thereby getting up to 32GB would be the ideal thing to do then.  It's not that your RAM is "bad", it's just not super-fast.  If you're planning on gaming at 4K eventually with a higher end GPU, 32GBs is definitely advised as some games are resource hogs, and it's sure to get more noticeable as next-gen console games come out, since next-gen consoles have more RAM.  

The cost to performance increase of going to something like 3200MHz CL14 or 3600MHz CL16 is not worth the expenditure in your case, getting a second kit of what you already have to get 32GB is though, as it will make your system more "future proof" than it is now.  I'd go that route.

Primary Rig:

5 minutes ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

Buying a second kit of what you have & thereby getting up to 32GB would be the ideal thing to do then.  It's not that your RAM is "bad", it's just not super-fast.  If you're planning on gaming at 4K eventually with a higher end GPU, 32GBs is definitely advised as some games are resource hogs, and it's sure to get more noticeable as next-gen console games come out, since next-gen consoles have more RAM.  

The cost to performance increase of going to something like 3200MHz CL14 or 3600MHz CL16 is not worth the expenditure in your case, getting a second kit of what you already have to get 32GB is though, as it will make your system more "future proof" than it is now.  I'd go that route.

And it will be good for 4k gaming with that speed?

Even 8k if it will be possible in 5 years?

3200mhz will be efficient in those resolution?

Just now, raybwolf said:

And it will be good for 4k gaming with that speed?

Even 8k if it will be possible in 5 years?

3200mhz will be efficient in those resolution?

3200MHz is actually the "sweet spot" and anything over that has severely diminishing returns, see these videos:

Linus also did one but it's about 3 years old, so a little less relevant.

As for the 8K question, nothing that's in existence now will be ideal for that, would be my guess, which is why most of the "8K gaming" hoopla about the 3090 is just utter BS, and most of it involves DLSS being on (and thusly reducing the resolution to 1440p or 4K).  I think it's safe to say anything we have now won't be up to snuff that far down the road (5 years).  With the way games are getting more demanding, and as we've seen in the last 5 years, hardware will evolve enough that a 5 year old system will be considered "slow", but not obsolete, by then.

Also, as you go up in resolution, RAM speed, and even CPU speed for that matter, matters less, the GPU is the most important component by far when you're talking about gaming at 4K.

Primary Rig:

1 hour ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

3200MHz is actually the "sweet spot" and anything over that has severely diminishing returns, see these videos:

As for the 8K question, nothing that's in existence now will be ideal for that, would be my guess, which is why most of the "8K gaming" hoopla about the 3090 is just utter BS, and most of it involves DLSS being on (and thusly reducing the resolution to 1440p or 4K).  I think it's safe to say anything we have now won't be up to snuff that far down the road (5 years).  With the way games are getting more demanding, and as we've seen in the last 5 years, hardware will evolve enough that a 5 year old system will be considered "slow", but not obsolete, by then.

Also, as you go up in resolution, RAM speed, and even CPU speed for that matter, matters less, the GPU is the most important component by far when you're talking about gaming at 4K.

I looked at those videos and didn't understand all the little things, but you making a good point, the industry is evolving faster and faster and my rig will be out of date very fast, so maybe it would he better to buy something upper middle class and saving some for the future, and everyone that i looked at his video says it's the best thing if you don't need the best of the best, so i will stick with the kit i have, thank you for your help

16 hours ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

Im buying this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EI5YROC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SJrHFb2VXJ01Z , if i buy 2 kit of 16 (8x2) will it have problem with the timing or the speed?, Because I didn't see on the motherboard list that there is 32 gb of 3600 at 15-15-15-35

And with that I'm taking this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WP6M7P7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_GLrHFbMS5HGDS

Will i benefit from this cooler?, I'm running i9 9900k 5ghz (90-100 under load and 80 max in game) with be quite dark rock 4 with the antec case p101 silent and the airflow is bad, the aio will have more impact on the temperature?, Sens it will get the air faster to the radiator

What is your thoughts abut that plan? Will it work?

The short answer on the cooler is yes but:

The long answer is if you can fit a bigger cooler, get a 360 or 280 mm - like the one you linked.  A 240 is going to perform slightly better than your current air-cooler, but the 9900K will overwhelm it at high load depending on your voltage.  280mm/360mm are better for the 9900K because of it's heat output.

I would recommend if you're going to go for 4 sticks of RAM, to just buy another set of the RAM you already have & thereby have 32GB, and you know they match so there won't be any issues with timings.  I wouldn't go with a single 2x16GB kit because of the memory layout issues we discussed before - and mixing RAM sticks can lead to issues with the motherboard setting the secondary timings wrong, resulting in instability.

The Cooler is definitely a good idea though, at the very least it will fix any RAM clearance issues, and give you better temperatures... if possible, try to plan on doing push/pull on the radiator (fans on both sides, one side pushing air through, the other pulling it out) as this can improve temperatures vs just push or just pull, by 2-7C under heavy loads, which with the 9900K can be the difference between you throttling & not throttling.

Primary Rig:

9 minutes ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

The long answer is if you can fit a bigger cooler, get a 360 or 280 mm - like the one you linked.  A 240 is going to perform slightly better than your current air-cooler, but the 9900K will overwhelm it at high load depending on your voltage.  280mm/360mm are better for the 9900K because of it's heat output.

I would recommend if you're going to go for 4 sticks of RAM, to just buy another set of the RAM you already have & thereby have 32GB, and you know they match so there won't be any issues with timings.  I wouldn't go with a single 2x16GB kit because of the memory layout issues we discussed before - and mixing RAM sticks can lead to issues with the motherboard setting the secondary timings wrong, resulting in instability.

The Cooler is definitely a good idea though, at the very least it will fix any RAM clearance issues, and give you better temperatures... if possible, try to plan on doing push/pull on the radiator (fans on both sides, one side pushing air through, the other pulling it out) as this can improve temperatures vs just push or just pull, by 2-7C under heavy loads, which with the 9900K can be the difference between you throttling & not throttling.

Im going to buy the 280 mm, but i didn't understand you, when you say one puling one pushing is on the radiator? I can fit 360 but i think it's over kill for mostly gaming, so i can put the radiator in the front and under it intake fan, and on the back of the case one pushing the air out side, so i can do 2 radiator intake, one intake and one out from the back

And about the ram, i want to buy 32 gb(8x4) of the 3600 cl15, but i didn't see configuration of ram like this with 32 gb, only 16 gb, so is it will be running slower on the timing or still be 15-15-15-35?

This is the memory i want to buy but I can't find it with 32 gb, only 16 gb, so if i pair 2 kit of 16gb (8x4) will the timing or speed will drop?

Screenshot_20201013-071106.jpg

You would need 2 kits of the same RAM to have 32GB running at the timings listed, without issues, by  just enabling XMP.  If you buy 2 of those kits, it should "just work" if you plug them in &  enabled XMP.

Mixing RAM usually isn't just plug and play, it requires some finesse, depending on how "smart" the board is about secondary timings.

When I say push pull I mean like my radiator is setup now, here's a picture:

20201002-011227smol.jpg

See at the top how there's fans on both sides of it? The "bottom" fans are pushing air through, top fans are pulling air out.  This can help with temperatures a good bit, if your can fit a radiator with push/pull mounted in your case.

In testing JayzTwoCents did it had a 2-7C temperature difference compared to just push or just pull, and that was on a GPU AIO, so it would likely have an even larger effect on a CPU radiator.

Primary Rig:

I will have 32 gb (8x4) of the 3600 cl15, the speed wouldn't change correct?, And it's wouldn't have stability problem?

And i understand what you're saying, i will try that for my self, thank you very much

There is a way to be sure that i have enough space from the radiator in my case?, I have room between the front of the case and the hdd drive tray?

You would need 2 kits of the same RAM to have 32GB running at the timings listed, without issues, by  just enabling XMP.  If you buy 2 of those kits, it should "just work" if you plug them in &  enabled XMP.

Mixing RAM usually isn't just plug and play, it requires some finesse, depending on how "smart" the board is about secondary timings.

20201002-011227smol.jpg

See at the top how there's fans on both sides of it? The "bottom" fans are pushing air through, top fans are pulling air out.  This can help with temperatures a good bit, if your can fit a radiator with push/pull mounted in your case.

In testing JayzTwoCents did it had a 2-7C temperature difference compared to just push or just pull, and that was on a GPU AIO, so it would likely have an even larger effect on a CPU radiator.

I checked in other place and someone says that 3600 is slower then 3200 depends on the application, will this ram be faster then what I've got now?

10 hours ago, HoneyBadger84 said:

20201002-011227smol.jpg

There is truth to those claims?

57 minutes ago, raybwolf said:

There is truth to those claims?

General rule is a second fan usually adds 20% airflow or less. If the fan was running at 80% fan speed or less increasing the fan speed would do the same thing.  In jayZ’s situation.  There is also an issue with increasing static pressure though, which is an issue for radiators.  I don’t know if or to what degree a second set of fans affects that.   My understanding is that adding a second set of fans has a very situational advantage.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t.  It will depend on the fans, the radiator, and the case layout.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

General rule is a second fan usually adds 20% airflow or less. If the fan was running at 80% fan speed or less increasing the fan speed would do the same thing.  In jayZ’s situation.  There is also an issue with increasing static pressure though, which is an issue for radiators.  I don’t know if or to what degree a second set of fans affects that.   My understanding is that adding a second set of fans has a very situational advantage.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn’t.  It will depend on the fans, the radiator, and the case layout.

There is one set of fans on the radiator and 2 case fans

And my lest question was that the 3200 mhz  faster then 3600 mhz in most application, i don't think its true sens 3200 frequency is slower then 3600 mhz frequency

And specially if the 3600 is cl 15 and the 3200 is cl 16

6 hours ago, raybwolf said:

There is one set of fans on the radiator and 2 case fans

And my lest question was that the 3200 mhz  faster then 3600 mhz in most application, i don't think its true sens 3200 frequency is slower then 3600 mhz frequency

And specially if the 3600 is cl 15 and the 3200 is cl 16

The 3600 CL15 will be faster, but will it be a noticeable difference? Very much depends on the application/game being ran.

For the size on the Radiator, you can just measure out 50+27mm from the front or where ever you're going to mount the radiator, in your case, and that's how much it would "stick out" from what it's being mounted to (first fan is 25mm, radiator is 27mm on 99% of AIOs, second fan is another 25mm).  Just keep in mind you have to GET IT in where you want it to go, so you do need a bit more clearance than just the 77mm.

Push Pull doesn't make a gigantic difference, but it makes a difference, and as bomb said, it can depend on the radiator & other factors.  Most AIO radiators do see about the same improvement from Push/Pull as what Jayz video saw, because that was literally done with an AIO GPU loop radiator.  

Generally speaking, if you're going to a 280mm AIO, just push or just pull should be sufficient enough to bring your temps much lower than the load temps you're seeing now on air.  I'm currently running a 280mm AIO on my 9900K & at 5GHz 1.3V the highest loads I see under AVX workloads are in the low 80s Celsius on the hot cores, high 70s Celsius on the cooler cores (but again I have Push/Pull, great ambient temps, and great airflow so we're not directly comparable - just giving you a point of comparison... and I run my radiator fans at 70% for noise reduction purposes, cranking them to 100% does drop temps further though, I do that when I'm stress testing new settings).

I'm off to fiddle with this fancy new 3080 I got in today 😄

20201013-212400smol.jpg

Primary Rig: