Can't Overlock 4770K at ALL on Custom Loop

We told you not to go past 1.3v :P

If you want a platform that you can go crazy with overclocking I would suggest sandybridge :)

You guys do know best :P i literally let prime run for 30 seconds & went HELL No stop & turned it back to 1.3 :P

after only just finishing my first build i already wanna do another :D hahaha i'm just a average joe tbh enjoying joining the pc elite :) 

Motherboard - AsRock Z87 EXTREME4 CPU - Intel core i7 4770k Oc 4.4ghz GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x RAM - Corsair LP Vengange 8Gb CPU Cooler - Swiftech H220 PSU - Coolmaster V650S SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250gb HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2Tb Case - Fractal Design R4 Black Windowed

Well if you want to take the waterblock off, unless you've done a crazy loop with super tubing you should be fine with ghetto refitting it with a new CPU.

And yea a lot of Haswells suck at overclocking, 2 friends have 4670ks, one can do 4.6 with 1.275v the other doesn't even do 4ghz stable at 1.3v (bit like you:P)

Moving on to 4.1 GHz. I only jumped up 1.3 because 1.2 Volts was crashing immediately at 4.0 GHz. Maybe this isn't as bad as it seems.

kill it with excess voltage then rma it. that way if it keeps working at higher voltages its all good and if it dies you can have a new one which can't really be worse. i think a 3770k would have been a better upgrade though cos their wall tend to be much high than haswells and then you can get past that by delidding if needed.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Make sure you have the latest BIOS and try the following: (not entirely sure how much it will help) 

Did you try increasing the VCCIN: 1.9 ?

During my overclock experience I have seen that too much voltage isn't always the better way to proceed. You may just be giving it too much voltage. 

I am running at 4.4 using 1.225 vcore, if I pump the vcore to 1.25 it crashes :) (my current OC is stable)

What batch number?

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Sorry for the late response, being a college engineering student kind of takes up your life lol :P

Anyway, so I think I am going to pull this guy out and return to Microcenter tomorrow. This custom loop deserves better! :P haha

So does anyone think I can SAFELY remove the 4770K from under the water block without draining it? It's gonna be a pain in the ass if I have to -_- lol

i have a 4770k aircooled on an MSI Z87-G65 GAMING clocked at 4.2with nothing but auto v reg. it's true that i haven't done a benchmark on prime yet (noob :P) but so far didn't give me any trouble during gametime. like i said, i'm a noob, but might i have struck out on the silicon lotto? :)

I have a feeling if you return it and get another one. You going to get another 4770k from the same batch. I remember reading that most of the CPU from the same batch number tend overclock about the same. I think Pual from Newegg has this on his channel. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Set the voltage as high as the BIOS will let you and stand by with a fire extinguisher. (Kinda unrelated, but I tried to overclock my old computer which is a P4 3GHz to the max but the thing simply won't work over 1.6v even though it allows nearly 2v and is far from overheating. Is the mobo simply not up to par?)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245