5700XT League of Legends never go further 140fps@1440p

Since last year this problem is still haven't solved. 

Performance on league of legends of 5700XT is horrible.

My older card (1060 3gb) never drops below 200fps@1440p.

Does anybody has the solution for this? I tried to report this problem to AMD support and doesn't have any feedback from them.

The performance is not smooth at all sometimes it is unplayble. Please help.

Here are what I've tried:

1.All possible settings (vsync, lock frame, etc.).

2.Roll back to previous version (I don't even know how man versions I've tried because I did installed and tried a lot).

3.Specifically tune GPU frequency to high as range with sensible voltage for League of Legends.

Not frame capped right? Because LoL is literally a mobile game. Check your config.

I mean, is that really an issue? 

You could also enable vsync and lock at 60fps so the GPU runs cooler, less noisy and consumes less power without you noticing a thing. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

2k is a confusing term as it can mean a slightly wider 1080p or, as some don’t agree it should be, 1440p like monitors.

Overall 2k is a poor way to describe 1440p for the reason it isn’t always clear as 4k is... In more than one way 😁

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Just now, NineEyeRon said:

2k is a confusing term as it can mean a slightly wider 1080p or, as some don’t agree it should be, 1440p like monitors.

Overall 2k is a poor way to describe 1440p for the reason it isn’t always clear as 4k is... In more than one way 😁

Both 2k and 4k are terrible waits to explain. 1440p, 2160p should be the standards. But as we all know advertising doesn't look for that.

1 hour ago, FloRolf said:

I mean, is that really an issue? 

You could also enable vsync and lock at 60fps so the GPU runs cooler, less noisy and consumes less power without you noticing a thing. 

Yes it is really the issue because it is not just like the fps drop but the performance is laggy and stuttering.
I do understand what you mean you wanna say that enable vsync at 60fps will solve this don't you think I've tried that before?

I've tried every possible settings in game but still it does perform as garbage image. 

Have you tried ddu'ing the drivers?

Your post has little to no information to go by on what you have tried.  

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

34 minutes ago, miagisan said:

Have you tried ddu'ing the drivers?

Your post has little to no information to go by on what you have tried.  

I'm sorry what do you mean by ddu'ing.

Are you using a freesync monitor? If you are and you have freesync enabled it's limiting your FPS to your monitor's refresh rate.

Ada is worse than Ampere which is worse than Fermi, change my mind.

System:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS X570 TUF
  • RAM
    2X16GB Kingston Fury 3200mhz
  • GPU
    Gigabyte RTX 4080 Super Gaming OC
  • Case
    Fractal Torrent
  • Storage
    A lot of SSDs
  • PSU
    Seasonic 1000W Platinum
  • Display(s)
    Main: ASUS PG27AQDM 240hz 1440p WOLED
    Secondary: Alienware AW2521HF 1080p 240hz
    Third: Samsung C34F791 UltraWide 1440p 100hz
    Fourth: LG 48' C2 OLED TV
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15
  • Keyboard
    Ducky Shine 7
  • Mouse
    GPX Superlight
  • Sound
    Logitech Z906 / Sennheiser 560s / Rode NT-USB
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Tamkmutnb said:

I'm sorry what do you mean by ddu'ing.

Using display driver uninstaller

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

6 hours ago, duckypath said:

Both 2k and 4k are terrible waits to explain. 1440p, 2160p should be the standards. But as we all know advertising doesn't look for that.

I mean, purely from a consumer perspective, to the average man and woman in the street, it makes no sense to call a 1440p display 2k.

The assumption, and this is based upon the queries of my own (elderly) relatives and other regular folk, is that if 4k is four times 1080p then half of 4k (4000p?) should be 2000p.

Yet, they ask, isn't it actually called 1440p?

Half of 4000 isn't 1440 they say, so why is it cal...errrr, you get the message.

It's a fair point though, isn't it?

Unless, I'm misunderstanding something, do they have a point?

2 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I mean, purely from a consumer perspective, to the average man and woman in the street, it makes no sense to call a 1440p display 2k.

The assumption, and this is based upon the queries of my own (elderly) relatives and other regular folk, is that if 4k is four times 1080p then half of 4k (4000p?) should be 2000p.

Yet, they ask, isn't it actually called 1440p?

Half of 4000 isn't 1440 they say, so why is it cal...errrr, you get the message.

It's a fair point though, isn't it?

Unless, I'm misunderstanding something, do they have a point?

"4k" as we consider it, is 4x1080p in a 2x2 configuration. (true 4k is wider) 1440p is 2k because it's approximately halfway between the 4k and 1080p diagonal measurements if using the same pixel density. It's also 4x720p in a 2x2 configuration. (though that doesn't matter in this situation) "True 2k" would actually just be a slightly wider variation of 1080p. (though there are 0 monitors of that size, so it's pointless to ascribe it to that resolution)

Vector_Video_Standards.svg

Overall, the terms have been coopted for long enough that to complain about their usage to represent 1440p and 2160p is pedantry, and not productive in any way.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

12 minutes ago, BTGbullseye said:

"4k" as we consider it, is 4x1080p in a 2x2 configuration. (true 4k is wider) 1440p is 2k because it's approximately halfway between the 4k and 1080p diagonal measurements if using the same pixel density. It's also 4x720p in a 2x2 configuration. (though that doesn't matter in this situation) "True 2k" would actually just be a slightly wider variation of 1080p. (though there are 0 monitors of that size, so it's pointless to ascribe it to that resolution)

Overall, the terms have been coopted for long enough that to complain about their usage to represent 1440p and 2160p is pedantry, and not productive in any way.

Thanks for the clarification. 

9 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

At this point I 100% agree, and feel like moving to 2160p would be odd. I just think its funny how terms bend to advertisers.