Please Help! Laptop Only Turns On after an Hour of Pressing the Power Button

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd. I replaced my keyboard for it is not working anymore. I removed the old keyboard and put the replacement keyboard I ordered online. But it would not turn on right away. I tried removing the battery and charger one by one and at the same time pressing the power button for a minute. Nothing worked. I even tried removing the CMOS for 30 minutes and reseating the RAM and HDD. I also tried powering it on using the Novo Button but it also does not work.

But recently I noticed a pattern that when I press the power button, it wont boot up and the power led just dies after 2 seconds. But after an hour, and I press the power button again, the laptop turns on normally as if there are no issues and it will work even if I restart it. But after a few hours of it turned off, the same situation happens. I always need to press the power button an hour ahead of when I want to use it.

Someone help me please. I really need this for my class. Thank you!

NGL this is one the most bizarre issue I've ever heard, well... read in this case

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

11 minutes ago, Nate68 said:

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 100-15ibd. I replaced my keyboard for it is not working anymore. I removed the old keyboard and put the replacement keyboard I ordered online. But it would not turn on right away. I tried removing the battery and charger one by one and at the same time pressing the power button for a minute. Nothing worked. I even tried removing the CMOS for 30 minutes and reseating the RAM and HDD. I also tried powering it on using the Novo Button but it also does not work.

But recently I noticed a pattern that when I press the power button, it wont boot up and the power led just dies after 2 seconds. But after an hour, and I press the power button again, the laptop turns on normally as if there are no issues and it will work even if I restart it. But after a few hours of it turned off, the same situation happens. I always need to press the power button an hour ahead of when I want to use it.

Someone help me please. I really need this for my class. Thank you!

This is just theory of mine here ok!

Maybe something wrong with the power button cable unable to short the power pin and maybe after an hour it collected enough ESD to short the pin IDK?

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

18 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

This is just theory of mine here ok!

Maybe something wrong with the power button cable unable to short the power pin and maybe after an hour it collected enough ESD to short the pin IDK?

I will keep that in mind and will look into that idea after few more suggestions arrive. Thank youuuu.

Bump to make sure someone sees this, but I'd honestly see if you can get the PC serviced (or consider a replacement if you really need something in a hurry). It's not worth spending weeks out of commission just because you'd rather not pay for someone to look at it.