3700x/3800x new buyers silicone result

so i have a quick question for people that recently (between now and 3 months ago orso) bought an 3700x. 
how is it overclocking? do you see if the silicon is better than that at launch? 

please share your results it would be useful information for me! 

thanks in advanced :)

Heel erg bedankt!

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

If you're looking to see if new silicon clocks better than old silicon, it does

That and other things discussed in this vid

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I got my 3700X a couple of months ago and the highest I was able to get to was 4250 MHz at 1.2975 volts. Anything higher than that requires like 1.35v+ on the core to reach any kind of remote stability but I don't like the temps that gives me so I choose to sit at 4.25 GHz. Not sure what overclocking was achievable at launch but this is what I'm at today.

Got my 3800x at the beginning of July and the silicon in that compared to the 3600x i had before which was a few months after launch was night and day!

Granted it's not a 3700x and you may expect better silicon in a 3800x but even still. I think the general consensus is the later chips are a tad better.

Not to say a good early sample wouldn't beat out a poor later sample but there is certainly a bit of luck involved.

The 3600x took 1.4v to pass Cinebench r15 at 4400MHz all core.

The 3800x can do 4525MHz all core at 1.2625v.

2020_07.13-20_57.png

36 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

If you're looking to see if new silicon clocks better than old silicon, it does

That and other things discussed in this vid

Ii mean hes talking about it. Like he usually does. But nothing is shown 😋 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

13 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Got my 3800x at the beginning of July and the silicon in that compared to the 3600x i had before which was a few months after launch was night and day!

Granted it's not a 3700x and you may expect better silicon in a 3800x but even still. I think the general consensus is the later chips are a tad better.

Not to say a good early sample wouldn't beat out a poor later sample but there is certainly a bit of luck involved.

The 3600x took 1.4v to pass Cinebench r15 at 4400MHz all core.

The 3800x can do 4525MHz all core at 1.2625v.

2020_07.13-20_57.png

That is really nice. May suade me to a 3800x instead. Since they do not cost that much more. 🤔 can you do a cine bench r20 bench at that clock speed and voltage?

Edit

The 3800xt is only 10 bucks more here then the 3800x 🤔

PC: 

13 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

can you do a cine bench r20 bench at that clock speed and voltage?

r20 needs a bit more Oomph.

Not spent much time running r20 but i had a play with the new CTR software recently which does some automatic per CCX overclocking with the r20 benchmark built in.

It arrived at  CCX 1-4475MHz  and  CCX 2-4450MHz  running 1.275v with LLC level 3.  I'm fairly certain i could get a bit more manually just haven't got round to it yet.

ctr.2.JPG

16 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

snip

When you do the diagnostic run on CTR what quality of chip does it say you have at the end after it finishes?

Just now, imreloadin said:

When you do the diagnostic run on CTR what quality of chip does it say you have at the end after it finishes?

Gold Sample.

1 minute ago, glenalz81 said:

Gold Sample.

That's why you're able to clock so high then, 3800X's aren't binned that good from the 3700X's. You lucky dog.

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

That's why you're able to clock so high then, 3800X's aren't binned that good from the 3700X's. You lucky dog.

Seen some Platinums been posted here and there.

34 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

r20 needs a bit more Oomph.

Not spent much time running r20 but i had a play with the new CTR software recently which does some automatic per CCX overclocking with the r20 benchmark built in.

It arrived at  CCX 1-4475MHz  and  CCX 2-4450MHz  running 1.275v with LLC level 3.  I'm fairly certain i could get a bit more manually just haven't got round to it yet.

ctr.2.JPG

looks really nice. thanks for the info. :)  
i hope some users will see this and post their 3700x results on here so i can see a good comparison. 5800 was a bit pricy in my opinion so im looking to see how latest 3700x perform but wouldnt mind stepping up to 3800x since its only like 30 ish more euros. (330) 

PC: 

9 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

looks really nice

I got it on sale when it was only £10 more than the 3700x.  I hadn't even planned on an upgrade just seen the deal, glad i did. :)

I daily the CPU at stock settings with a 0.050v negative offset applied in bios. Brought he temps down 6-9c under load using a 360 aio and all the cores boost individually to 4500/4550 which i'm happy with.

Here's a snip from hwinfo after 10hrs normal daily usage

10hrs.5601.JPG

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, glenalz81 said:

I got it on sale when it was only £10 more than the 3700x.  I hadn't even planned on an upgrade just seen the deal, glad i did. :)

I daily the CPU at stock settings with a 0.050v negative offset applied in bios. Brought he temps down 6-9c under load using a 360 aio and all the cores boost individually to 4500/4550 which i'm happy with.

Here's a snip from hwinfo after 10hrs normal daily usage

10hrs.5601.JPG

Really looks great. You got lucky damm. 🤔 not many people getting these with a 3700x then. Which is sad 

PC: 

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

-> Moved to CPUs, Motherboards and Memory

Sorry, didn't knew if it really belonged there or not since it's not a tech help request more a general discussion about new silicon for these chips. But good to know. 😊

PC: 

Just now, hollyh88 said:

Sorry, didn't knew if it really belonged there or not since it's not a tech help request more a general discussion about new silicon for these chips. But good to know. 😊

General Discussion is only for topics that don't fit anywhere else. If topic is about certain hardware, then it belongs to subforum about said hardware.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

General Discussion is only for topics that don't fit anywhere else. If topic is about certain hardware, then it belongs to subforum about said hardware.

Good to know. Thanks 😊👍

PC: 

• 2 months later...

Hello guys,

I've got my 3700x in October. I've not tried hard on overclocking it but I got this :

1,2825v

4,35 GHZ (all cores)

temps :

55/60° while playing cyberpunk 2077

Reached 70° while running occt for 30 minutes if I remember well 

obviously, I think I can do better. I will test higher frequencies but these settings are pretty stable. I got no issues while testing it a few times on R20/OCCT or just playing. :)