Is it possible to have multipler computers "play" or "render" different parts og the screen?

EirikG

So I am not quite sure where to post this, bur I have had the tought om mye head maybe 2 years ago, bit put ut away.

Dora anyone know og you could take multipler computers or laptops to make a cluster or just remotely have then render different parts og the game, depending om how powerful the computer is?

For instanse using one decent gaming rig to "power" half the screen or game displayed, and the two other ones, one quarter each?

Just let me know if this post is postes in the wrong place or something som I can fix that

Putting aside all of the other issues with this, latency would be the biggest problem. Even if this was possible and the programs existed, the latency would be so bad the game would be unplayable.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

26 minutes ago, EirikG said:

So I am not quite sure where to post this, bur I have had the tought om mye head maybe 2 years ago, bit put ut away.

Dora anyone know og you could take multipler computers or laptops to make a cluster or just remotely have then render different parts og the game, depending om how powerful the computer is?

For instanse using one decent gaming rig to "power" half the screen or game displayed, and the two other ones, one quarter each?

Just let me know if this post is postes in the wrong place or something som I can fix that

English??

24 minutes ago, EirikG said:

It's technically possible, but certainly incredibly complex. As someone else mentioned, you would have massive issues combating latency between multiple machines. It's definitely not a solution you want to try.

On another note, I'd suggest proofreading what you've typed before posting...

2 hours ago, BlazerBuddy said:

English??

Bit rude, dude. I'm sure you can catch their meaning. Remember that not everyone on the forum is a native English speaker, or great at writing / typing. 

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

On 10/7/2020 at 3:15 AM, Whiskers said:

Bit rude, dude. I'm sure you can catch their meaning. Remember that not everyone on the forum is a native English speaker, or great at writing / typing. 

Yeah, I am on fact not a native speaker, bit thats not the point, i posted that at night, so I used mye phone to do it, and it auto corrects english words to mye native languige, which is quite annoying but I dont know how to fix on mye phone.

That would be pretty cool, I think it would be pretty hard to keep the screens synced. 

I’ve personally often wondered why integrated graphics aren’t used to handle stuff like shadows in games, while the main GPU handles the rest.