Kraken X53 where to hook radiator fans

Hi all 

got a b550i gigabyte itx motherboard with no aio header. My idea is to hook the pump header up to the CPU fan header and run it DC. Radiator fans connect to a pwm splitter included by nzxt. Question is do I have to change the radiator fan settings in bios to be cpu fans? Question is I’ve tried this and it is very loud obviously with ryzen spiking like it does.

50 minutes ago, ozzpala said:

Hi all 

got a b550i gigabyte itx motherboard with no aio header. My idea is to hook the pump header up to the CPU fan header and run it DC. Radiator fans connect to a pwm splitter included by nzxt. Question is do I have to change the radiator fan settings in bios to be cpu fans? Question is I’ve tried this and it is very loud obviously with ryzen spiking like it does.

Just connect the fans of the rad to the splitter and then to the cpu fan header. The pump just connect it to a random fan header and set it at a set speed. A pump really doesn't need fine control as long as it's having good flow and you mount the rad higher than the pump. If that last thing is not possible don't use a watercooler.

Fans to Y-splitter to CPU fan header. Pump on its own header set to a fixed speed you ideally can't hear anymore. You'll have to experiment a bit. The pump does not need to ramp up when the temps go up. There's almost nothing (!) to gain. The fans are the important bit to get the heat out of the water and into the air.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!