Need help upgrading my pc

Man i really need help upgrading my pc I bought a prebuilt from micro center like 3 months ago and i really need help upgrading the thing im new to pc but it was a good baseline to get me up a rolling but its time to upgrae 

6 minutes ago, smokeonemoe said:

Man i really need help upgrading my pc I bought a prebuilt from micro center like 3 months ago and i really need help upgrading the thing im new to pc but it was a good baseline to get me up a rolling but its time to upgrae 

Specs?

Specs?

Budget?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Geforce GTX1660 super

iintel i5-10400cpu@2.90GHz

16 GBram 

my budget is like 1000

2 minutes ago, smokeonemoe said:

it came with a bullshit 500 gig ssd 

Damn. I have a 250...........

But what are you trying to get out of this upgrade? More FPS in games or be able to handle huge workload smoothly?

Both i wanna start streaming but my pc is a little under powered for what i would like to do

Honesty everything is pretty new in it, If you really to upgrade for around $1000 (USD) . You could just swap to an i7 or i9 (if your chipset supports it)  and get some more ram and bump up your storage to a TB or 2. I would also look into keeping what you have cool, since it is a pre built a new cpu cooler sounds like a good investment. Whatever you have left over just save for a new graphics card and with that you would probably need a new power supply.  I would also Overclock the graphics card to help get a bit more performance for free you don't have to do anything crazy. But mostly just try to work with what you have, it sounds like you have a solid midrange pc on your hands.

1 hour ago, cheerio_pink said:

Honesty everything is pretty new in it, If you really to upgrade for around $1000 (USD) . You could just swap to an i7 or i9 (if your chipset supports it)  and get some more ram and bump up your storage to a TB or 2. I would also look into keeping what you have cool, since it is a pre built a new cpu cooler sounds like a good investment. Whatever you have left over just save for a new graphics card and with that you would probably need a new power supply.  I would also Overclock the graphics card to help get a bit more performance for free you don't have to do anything crazy. But mostly just try to work with what you have, it sounds like you have a solid midrange pc on your hands.

ok thanks fam any suggestions for ram and what ssd do you think  

I would say upgrade the CPU to an i7 (K version if you motherboard supports overclocking)  Then maybe if you want to upgrade the GPU go with a 2060 or possibly a 3070 if you are feeling that.  But if you do get an overclocking CPU, make sure your cooler can handle the heat output, if not you may need to get a better cooler.

Bobbyct

Main Build: Intel i7 10700k | EVGA Nvidia 3060ti FTW3 | Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro 4x8 @3200Corsair 465x iCUE Smart Case 

And also remember that you can resell the parts you are replacing, which could expand your budget, for example that GPU is still worth a few hundred bucks I would say, not an expert on 1050-1660 range.

Bobbyct

Main Build: Intel i7 10700k | EVGA Nvidia 3060ti FTW3 | Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro 4x8 @3200Corsair 465x iCUE Smart Case 

3 hours ago, smokeonemoe said:

Both i wanna start streaming but my pc is a little under powered for what i would like to do

i have no clue what you are talking about.

what i would do if i like REALLY REALLY wanted a upgrade, grab a used 20 series card. if psu is less than 550W you might want to step up a bit if you go over 2070 but thats just my opinion.

a bs ssd huh? if it has a dram cache and it performs atleast better than a hdd, not much bs to me.

you seem to be those "its not much but its mine" people that the people over at PCMR make fun of. your build should be more than capable of streaming at 1080p while playing most titles.

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Might be better value to sell the PC and buy new. The MoBo will likely be a weak link going forward as will the cooling. 

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz