Do you still use canned air?

Nine Tailed Fox
1 minute ago, Spitfire4 said:

Wow. Huffing Freon must have been devastating to their bodies.

Yep.  I don’t think it was freon at the time.  Huffing paint or glue is also pretty bad

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

can gets real cold

but atleast i can generate a snow like material on the fly in the middle of summer

PC specs:

Ryzen 9 3900X overclocked to 4.3-4.4 GHz

Corsair H100i platinum

32 GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz 14-14-14-34

RTX 2060

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge wifi

NZXT H510

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

2 TB WD hard drive

Corsair RM 750 Watt

ASUS ROG PG248Q 

Razer Ornata Chroma

Razer Firefly 

Razer Deathadder 2013

Logitech G935 Wireless

On 10/2/2020 at 9:20 AM, SolarNova said:

I have access to a compressor for that so no i dont use canned air.

I really suggest people invest in an air compressor, u can use it for so much, from cleaning, to painting, to pumping tires, to stripping paint,grime and rust with a DIY sandblaster (or buy a sandblasting attachment). And ofc u can use it in conjunction with a CnC and mill to help keep machine tips cool while cutting. Very handy.

I think its really stupid to buy canned air and I have an air compressor as well. The only problem with mine is I have a desiccant dryer that's attached next to the outlet line on the air compressor  and as a result, some moisture or oil comes out of the line after continuously blowing (encountered that issue involving the headlight on a car and saw a mix of oil/water coming out).

Mainly, I use a dry vac with the hose on the return line and sometimes I'll block half of the nozzle to increase the pressure on the hose from the dry vac and works really well. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

10 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I think its really stupid to buy canned air and I have an air compressor as well. The only problem with mine is I have a desiccant dryer that's attached next to the outlet line on the air compressor  and as a result, some moisture or oil comes out of the line after continuously blowing (encountered that issue involving the headlight on a car and saw a mix of oil/water coming out).

Mainly, I use a dry vac with the hose on the return line and sometimes I'll block half of the nozzle to increase the pressure on the hose from the dry vac and works really well. 

Try using a water trap filter instead of a desiccant one.

Desiccants have a finite use, once they absorb as much has they can they stop working,, the desiccant then needs regenerating (basically heated until the moisture its absorbed is gone)

And obviously make sure ur draining ur compressor tank now and then.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, SolarNova said:

Try using a water trap filter instead of a desiccant one.

Desiccants have a finite use, once they absorb as much has they can they stop working,, the desiccant then needs regenerating (basically heated until the moisture its absorbed is gone)

And obviously make sure ur draining ur compressor tank now and then.

My bad, its an air filter with regulator that supposedly removes moisture from the line from harbor freight  number 68232. Harbor freight has some good stuff and really bad shit, and this seems to be the latter. I really just need it to regulate the air pressure. I also clean the bowl that is below the regulator after removing pressure from the regulator with a 3/8" shutoff valve between the outlet and regulator. 

Oh yeah I drain the compressor tank every time I use the air compressor. Its an older Craftsman 20 gallon oiled "5 H.P" 220V air compressor. I don't use it often and keep the drain open once I am done with it to prevent the tank from rusting out. I just shut the drain valve before turning it on to build pressure at 120PSI. I got it used for cheap, so I replaced the air filter and oil. Mainly just use it to work on my car when needed and has high SCFM. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I bought the "IT Dusters CompuCleaner Xpert Dust Blower" Years ago.

Well spend Money. This thing is a blessing

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Nope, have a blower, :D

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.

I used tons of canned air but it gets pricey when your constantly using it just because its sitting there lol. I got an adjuster from Xpower and its awesome!

I just take my PC to the garage and blow it with a compressor

In real life, I act like I know less about tech than I actually do.

Main build: CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 955 Black Edition @ 4,0GHz (Cooler Master 212) | GPU: MSI RX580 8Gb | RAM: 12Gb DDR3 | PSU: Chieftec CTB-500S  | Mobo: Asus M4A87TD/USB3 | Storage: Seagate 500Gb HDD

Yes, I'm aware my CPU is a huge bottleneck. No, I don't really care.

Laptop: Asus TUF FX505DT 60Hz 8Gb model

"Fortifications, cannons and foreign aid won't help unless every man knows that he himself is a guardian of his country"

-Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim

What's a "canned air"? is it something that I'm to Asian to understand

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings"
If my comment helped you please mark it as solution. Refresh before you reply, I edit comments often.

Current PC Spec
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: XPG D10 White 2x8GB 3200 CL16
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storages: 1x512GB Intel 760P M.2 NVME(boot drive)
1x2TB Umax M1500 Gen4 M.2 NVME(Game storage)
1x1TB Adata SU800 Ultiamte 2.5 inch Sata3 SSD(Game storage)
1x3TB Toshiba 7200RPM CMR drive
Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850
Keyboard: Ducky Zero 3108 Cherry MX red
Mouse: Logitech G603 LightSpeed
Headphone: Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
Microphone: AVerMedia AM310
Flight stick: Thrustmaster T16000M FCS 3 pack

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Value: $308
  • Games owned: 229
  • Games played: 163 (71%)
  • Hours on record: 4,976.9h

2 hours ago, Morris_lee_9116 said:

What's a "canned air"? is it something that I'm to Asian to understand

EA0C9CD0-FB0F-426A-99EE-50AB5FD1BAFC.jpeg.d64b592eab374e49d1502141a76a0853.jpeg

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.