No Pixel 5 XL

agatong55

Anyone else disappointed that Google got rid of the XL version of the phone?

47 minutes ago, agatong55 said:

No, not really. I never cared for big phones and am a light user, so larger batteries aren't really needed for me. I got a 3a and can go more than a day with it if that tells you anything.

Not really.  I never liked the XL versions anyway - too big for me.  I am just glad THEY BROUGHT BACK FINGERPRINT READER.

26 minutes ago, agatong55 said:

Not entirely. It does mean there isn't a truly big phone, but the Pixel 5 isn't small, either. I suspect Google also sees this as a rebuilding year where it keeps things simple and finds out what works.

7 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Not entirely. It does mean there isn't a truly big phone, but the Pixel 5 isn't small, either. I suspect Google also sees this as a rebuilding year where it keeps things simple and finds out what works.

What seems to work is their 'a' series, like back to the basics and none of this Soli crap that is essentially worthless imo. Just something simple with consistent support and ease of use. I think they need to stay in the midrange to budget game and leave the 'flagships' to everyone else.

On 9/30/2020 at 9:59 PM, Stylized_Violence said:

No, not really. I never cared for big phones and am a light user, so larger batteries aren't really needed for me. I got a 3a and can go more than a day with it if that tells you anything.

the pixel 5 battery is fairly massive (4080mAh average) so its not an issue even for heavy users

Matthew Gilbride