No Post No Bios on First Boot

Hey there, I've just gathered a system with R5 3600, RTX2060S, 16GB 3000MHz RAM single module, PSU, Gigabyte B450M-S2H motherboard, 'RYZEN 3000 ready' prompted on the box. When i hit power switch just with CPU, mobo and psu on board. CPU, PSU, system fans start. But no POST beep, no signal on display via both motherboard and GPU HDMI. I've tried with no ram, ram on both channels at once. CPU is installed in right orientation, power cable is checked. Also tried booting with GPU too but no joy. Board is not in the case, all those trials are performed on the antistatic pad.

Its possible the board bios that's on it isn't in fact 3000 series ready (even thought it says it is) and is still on an older bios revision. If you can try an older 2nd gen CPU to see if it posts and check all your cables. 

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

As far as i know the R5 3600 has no built in GPU so the HDMI on the motherboard will NEVER work.
So test with GPU always i think. Also without RAM its possible it will not boot.
So put at least 1 RAM stick and the GPU, and maybe wait a while some motherboards have a longer 1st boot.

And what @SignatureSigner said its very possible even tho the motherboard is compatible they still put on the older BIOS.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Check the 8/4 pin power cable. This happened to Linus in their latest stream. He forgot to plug it in. The PC powered up but there was no video since the CPU wasn't working.

2 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

As far as i know the R5 3600 has no built in GPU so the HDMI on the motherboard will NEVER work.
So test with GPU always i think. Also without RAM its possible it will not boot.
So put at least 1 RAM stick and the GPU, and maybe wait a while some motherboards have a longer 1st boot.

And what @SignatureSigner said its very possible even tho the motherboard is compatible they still put on the older BIOS.

I know it wont boot up without RAM but it will perform POST which will lead to a "No Ram Beep Sequence" as far as i know. Same thing applies for GPU too. Even if I dont get signal to display it should make some type of beeping.

1 hour ago, Internet Person said:

Check the 8/4 pin power cable. This happened to Linus in their latest stream. He forgot to plug it in. The PC powered up but there was no video since the CPU wasn't working.

Every power connection was checked in every run. But i will test the cables with multimeter to see we really have voltage on them.

The most viable soIution seems like finding an older gen CPU and test with it.

The problem turns out to be the RAM. It wasnt broken or something, seems like Ryzens are just picky with their memory. Changed my RAM from GSKILL RIPJAWS V 16GB to FLARE X. Problem solved.

20 hours ago, kidseegoats said:

Hey there, I've just gathered a system with R5 3600, RTX2060S, 16GB 3000MHz RAM single module, PSU, Gigabyte B450M-S2H motherboard, 'RYZEN 3000 ready' prompted on the box. When i hit power switch just with CPU, mobo and psu on board. CPU, PSU, system fans start. But no POST beep, no signal on display via both motherboard and GPU HDMI. I've tried with no ram, ram on both channels at once. CPU is installed in right orientation, power cable is checked. Also tried booting with GPU too but no joy. Board is not in the case, all those trials are performed on the antistatic pad.