Connecting PC to TV with HDMI - HDCP important?

Nanley
Go to solution Solved by GhostRoadieBL,

are you running 4k 60hz or higher on the monitor? 

your ideal case is to run display port to your monitor (or even display port to hdmi adapter) and HDMI to the TV, then you can duplicate the screen virtually in your graphics settings and save the headache of splitting signals. 

HDMI 1.4 will not be a downgrade unless your monitor is very very new and has HDMI2.0 connectors. everything in the path needs to be HDMI2.0 for all the features to be available, it's likely your monitor is only HDMI1.4 or 1.3 so the TV and the monitor have the same connector. Your graphics card is futureproof for the next generations of HDMI 2.0 4k 60hz HDR TVs and monitors. 

Hello, I want to split the signal from my graphic card to go on both the monitor and TV. My graphic card has HDMI 2.0. I want to buy HDMI splitter to do the trick. The seller of the splitter claims it is compatible with HDMI 1.4. On the website I've checked TV specs and it says "HDMI v1.3 - 2".

To sum it up:

GPU: HDMI 2.0

TV: HDMI 1.3 - 2?

Splitter: HDMI 1.4

Will this work without any delays or other problems? I read the guide and it says to not worry too much about the cable. But in this case if both ends has 2.0 and cable is compatible with 1.4 (according to seller) would that not be a downgrade?

Also in my searching i came across HDCP. It has different versions. Does it matter?

are you running 4k 60hz or higher on the monitor? 

your ideal case is to run display port to your monitor (or even display port to hdmi adapter) and HDMI to the TV, then you can duplicate the screen virtually in your graphics settings and save the headache of splitting signals. 

HDMI 1.4 will not be a downgrade unless your monitor is very very new and has HDMI2.0 connectors. everything in the path needs to be HDMI2.0 for all the features to be available, it's likely your monitor is only HDMI1.4 or 1.3 so the TV and the monitor have the same connector. Your graphics card is futureproof for the next generations of HDMI 2.0 4k 60hz HDR TVs and monitors. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Thank you for the reply. You're right, I'll use adapter. It's better to send two different signals from the source than sending it through splitter.