3080 coolers

Ebony Falcon

From what I've seen comparing the AIB cards to the FE, they honestly all have pretty similar thermals. When comparing the RTX 3080 EVGA XC Ultra to the FE, the FE was actually 1 to 2c cooler. The difference is negligible, I think this time around the only marketable feature of the AIB cards over FE besides aesthetic is going to be that you don't need a stupid 12pin adapter or cable. If you really want to get the best thermals I'd say your best bet is to liquid cool the card.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or do ALL of the 3080 coolers look crap?

I have a MSI 2080 Super Trio and compared to that all the 3080 coolers are so dam ugly...

ASUS Tuf has been the coolest from what I have seen so far. Also the loudest though.

22 minutes ago, wittles37 said:

Is it just me or do ALL of the 3080 coolers look crap?

I have a MSI 2080 Super Trio and compared to that all the 3080 coolers are so dam ugly...

ASUS Tuf has been the coolest from what I have seen so far. Also the loudest though.

Yeah the tuf the ventus the xci 3 and the strix are the best looking I think 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

i would guess probably the aorus master/aorus extreme would be the coolest cards since they have the biggest heatsinks being almost 4 slot cards in terms of heatsink thickness

but the aorus master having just 2x8 pins would make it more power limited than the 3x8 cards so if you care about ocing maybe get the extreme instead

and they are the most expensive cards