So who else is ecstatic for the impending release of RDNA2 and....

Mister Woof
1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Interesting concept - but that would add yet another layer of input lag and in our day and age we're so super focused on input lag/latency that I can't see this really becoming a thing.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Mister Woof said:

Interesting concept - but that would add yet another layer of input lag and in our day and age we're so super focused on input lag/latency that I can't see this really becoming a thing.

For gamers who need the least lag, sure.

But there are plenty of other folks out there (for example, me) who are not gamers, and this would be nice to have to remove more wires from a setup

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

For gamers who need the least lag, sure.

But there are plenty of other folks out there (for example, me) who are not gamers, and this would be nice to have to remove more wires from a setup

We already have stuff that works for this in wireless displayport adapters - it's just not needed on the card itself.

Integrated applications would most likely be for SFF work type units for less cables and the aversion to lag/latency would make it a niche use for gaming GPUs that the adapter would be all you really need.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

I have faith that they will be more power efficient than the NVIDIA cards. Consoles wouldn't have taken AMD stuff if it was power hungry or too hot so I think it will surprise us.

Just now, Mister Woof said:

We already have stuff that works for this in wireless displayport adapters

We do now, sure, but when this card was released, I think it was pretty unique in that respect.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Not particularly.  AMD hasn't done anything special in the high-end GPU space for many years.  I don't expect this to be any different.

4 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

Not particularly.  AMD hasn't done anything special in the high-end GPU space for many years.  I don't expect this to be any different.

The RX 570 and 580, along with the RX 5700 and 5700 XT have been very competitive and IMO superior to their Nvidia counterparts.

Sure, they don't compete in the top end, but Toyota probably makes more money selling a bunch of well-equipped Camrys than they do selling Supras.

It's better to me that they aren't chasing the top end, one they know they can't win, and instead focus on their strengths.

Point is, they don't need to be special. Just competent and offer more for your money than the other guy.

Yes, looking to buy a new card for my sister. I will be getting her old RX480 because I have an r7 265. I don´t play games anymore but nice upgrade 🤗

Team red for life, no computer i have ever built in the last 17 years has had any blue or green equipment in it. I just bought a 5700XT like 2 months ago so i may or may not buy the new card, depends on the price/performance it has over my current one.

26 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

The RX 570 and 580, along with the RX 5700 and 5700 XT have been very competitive and IMO superior to their Nvidia counterparts.

Sure, they don't compete in the top end, but Toyota probably makes more money selling a bunch of well-equipped Camrys than they do selling Supras.

It's better to me that they aren't chasing the top end, one they know they can't win, and instead focus on their strengths.

Point is, they don't need to be special. Just competent and offer more for your money than the other guy.

While that's okay, I buy only high-end GPUs, AMD is not even on my radar.

4 minutes ago, Quinnell said:

While that's okay, I buy only high-end GPUs, AMD is not even on my radar.

Then this is your thread:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1250733-rtx-3090-is-only-better-than-rtx-3080-in-a-14-game-average-at-ultra-settings/