In this thread, we mourn the death of our beloved pc parts. share your grief

GrayFoxbr

I shorted out my old GTX 560 two years ago by pulling it out of the PCI-slot before removing the power connectors. 

I am... a murderer.

eSBQxcT.gif

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

my fx6200 is a zombie and came back to life, so its undead  :blink:

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

First it was my razer naga mouse, the left click button stop properly working after 3 months... Was playing WoW those times... While in a raid (I was tanking as pala) it played me, we took a deep wipe. 15 seconds later i launch the mouse towards the wall. Turn into pieces...  God rest that peace of s!@#t.

About 3 months later i spilled beer into my Logitech G19 keyboard... The God of Technology punished me for my early crime. Tried cleaning the expansive but cheaply made piece of hardware, with no use tough, it suffered an electric shock and the main board with the chip had melted circuits.. too expensive to repair.

So I bought the K90 from Corsair + can of cola + tangled headsets cable + rolling with the chair = my 2nd keyboard died, in less then a year.

I manage to clean the K90, works fine ... well, with small hiccups :)

Note to self: Leaving beverages on computer desk = bad idea

Made a small investment and bought myself a can holder which is attached to the chair... a lot safer :)

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

pumps_zps3a22df54.jpg

1 broken pump, 2 broken pumps. The bloody thing was so awkward to get a replacement the first time round that I decided to go back to air cooling. And to be honest I'm not really that sad, at all! Air cooling produces almost the same temps.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

The old 3.0GHz P4 died when mom accidentally kicked over the case years ago :(

But that meant a new Mobo and C2D :D

Almost heatstroked the ATI X1900GT in that system too. Zalman saved the day there.

My old Deathadder mouse died a crushing death in my laptop bag.

And finally, the keyboard on the ASUS G73 lappy has been dead since last Halloween. Kinda spilt beer on it while making my costume. Bummer.

I haven't killed anything in the new build... Yet.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

2 of my motherboards died because of blown caps on them (was paired up with a cheap psu).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

RAM in my mining rig (recycled from another PC where it worked perfectly for years) died the day I installed the OS :(

A friend called me over to look at their broken PC. I turned it on and the HDD was making a screeching noise. It was very old, I'm surprised it lived so long.

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

I have killed two things so far.

1. A crappy GTX 210, after a couple years of playing Combat Arms on it, it finally died.

2. MSI P67 GD55 motherboard, randomly died one day, got it replaced fast thanks to MSI.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

jnHkQox.jpg
riUIllz.jpg9huGzxQ.jpg

Not tech but that is the remains of my coding keyboard, it was 9 years old and lasted me 1.5 years before i majorly raged 

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

I have had hardware fail on me since this, but the thing I still mourn the most is my beloved old tyan patriot bx dual slot 1 motherboard.  Started with a couple pentium IIs and wound up with a pair of p3 800E and 1GB ECC ram, the thing lasted well into the halo for pc days for me... eventually it got so flaky it could not reliably boot anymore, poor thing is still missed.

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

I can only reminisce about my Geforce 2 GTS (thats right, GTS bitches I was king of the hill) and after some uneducated overclocking it just started to die. Finally it was artifacting EVERYWHERE and I thought why not I'll try run 3DMark. 

It loaded the first frame and then ended itself. Then I stepped up to a Geforce 4, 4800 SE, Look out! Everyone marvelled at its heatsink and fan

00056119-photo-msi-geforce-4-ti4800se-vt

My 6570 overheated with the HIS cooler. Now it's buried under a few feet of snow (the cooler, not the card)

As for me, Barracuda ATA IV, LGA 775 2.8GHz P4 (hit 5GHz with 2.2v) ASUS P4V8X-X, NVidia GeForce4 MX 4000, Socket 370 Celeron 667MHz.

2.2V? Holy shiti tried that with my old athlon, it was fun running it at 6GHz for about 2 seconds :-)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

The main exhaust fan on my laptop died within the two months of it's purchase and it has had unbelievably bad ventilation ever since. Let's just say it can hit around 90c easy when just running simple things like hd YouTube videos.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

OCZ Revodrive 3 X2

Just kidding, you never worked in the first place.

Mr OCZ Vertex 2 480GB (A) and Mr OCZ Vertex 2 480GB (B ). Both died the day they were installed. Their little brothers Vertex 2e 60gb and Vertex 2e 240GB are still kicking about and fine.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My Seagate 2Tb hdd died just after my warranty had finished.

Evga GTX 465 bought it used died in 5 months

Intel Core i5 4670k,ASUS B85-MG,4GB Vengeance,Gigabyte 7950,Cooler Master Elite 430 Black,Cooler Master 600 Silent Pro