i need help with my laptop

aweslol

my laptop is almost 2 years old by now and since i bought it in every video game it has been stuttering does anyone have fix for stutters

specs

gtx 1050

i5 8th gen

1tb hdd 

8 gb ram

12 minutes ago, aweslol said:

my laptop is almost 2 years old by now and since i bought it in every video game it has been stuttering does anyone have fix for stutters

specs

gtx 1050

i5 8th gen

1tb hdd 

8 gb ram

In games or in general?

If games only then your RAM might be the issue because 8 GB is not particuarly much. Stutters can occur when a game data is swapped between your pagefile on your HDD and your RAM because the RAM size is to small for all necessary data. You can check it pretty easy with programs that monitor your RAM usage and see if the stutters occur when the RAM usage is at 100%. If that is the case, then buying another RAM stick is the only solution.

HDD also isn´t helping in gaming and could potentially cause stutters in addition to the mentioned above.

gtx 1050 also doesn't help, but that is probably soldered to the mobo. get another sodimm to get 16 gb of ram, and maybe if there is an m.2 mount you should get a 1tb m.2 to actually have an ssd. if you want, you could maybe upgrade your cpu to something that also fits into that bga socket. ram and ssd is what really helps

What laptop?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 hours ago, aweslol said:

specs

gtx 1050

i5 8th gen

1tb hdd 

8 gb ram

which games are you playing? you can try turning down the settings and also try uninstalling geforce experience. That thing messed up my game performance after I allowed it to "optimize" my games

Laptops are not great for performance in general IMO, everything is crammed. Try adding more ram, playing around with the game graphic quality and maybe adding an ssd?