Suggestions for 4K high refresh rate monitor with hdr10 (or hdr10+) ?

Morphex

Hey, Long time lurker decided to try my luck, I am currently doing some research on what to buy as my next monitor for my setup.
Currently my favorite so far is G9 Odyssey, the only thing that I am not 100% happy with is the vertical resolution,
My ideal screen (monitor or tv) would be something like this:

• 140hz -244hz (The more the better but I don't really care about having the highest refresh rate)
  • over 42" 
  • with HDR10 or HDR10+ support,

Freesync / Gsync would be a bonus but  its not a deal breaker.
Color accuracy would be nice to have, but I dont do anything  that requires a high color accuracy.

I game a bit, but mostly I do software development quite a lot, so Real Estate specially vertical one. My current display is at 125% scaling so you can see why I find the g9 lacking on that regard.

I current own a old( 6 years)  LG 4k tv that does 4k@60fps at 42" but the quality is lacking since its not native 4k.

Price range something in the way of the g9, so around 1500 being  my  top price range. (I am currently on UK, if that makes a difference), its not fixed price, but I am not interested in going on the High Range prices or super highend tvs.

I have been looking at Samsung TVs too, but I don't care for the tv aspect of it since it will 99% of the time be used as computer display. I don`t care about extra features as OS, Dolby,  audio quality (have an external system) etc... The Panel, size, refresh rate , hdr support are my main concerns

Do you have any suggestions on anything that fits those criteria ?

Thank you very much !

the samsung g9 is an ultrawide which may or may not appeal to you. the latest lg 4k tvs may be what you want. hardware g sync support, 120hz, big panels, should support HDR. the C9 should be right around your budget. if you want an ultrawide then theres really no alternatives to the g9 for a comparable size, resolution, or any of the other specs

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

6 minutes ago, VeganJoy said:

the samsung g9 is an ultrawide which may or may not appeal to you. the latest lg 4k tvs may be what you want. hardware g sync support, 120hz, big panels, should support HDR. the C9 should be right around your budget. if you want an ultrawide then theres really no alternatives to the g9 for a comparable size, resolution, or any of the other specs

I am not personally inclined for the ultra wide really, it just i saw the g9 and it ticked all the boxes really  :) The real estate from a 42"  or 46" tv is enough for me really.
I am going check the c9 tv and see what is available. 

Thanks for the reply!

Has anyone tried the G9 before? I've heard from 2 people that had it and said they returned it because they didn't like it for light bleed and such.

6 hours ago, The_Murdoch said:

Has anyone tried the G9 before? I've heard from 2 people that had it and said they returned it because they didn't like it for light bleed and such.

Yeah I have been reading alot about those issues, but I have also heard that those were the first units ?
Its a bit scary paying 1.5K and having a fauly device.