Ethernet bridging with 3 ports?

Hey,
I currently have a motherboard with one ethernet port and two additional network ethernet cards. I'm wondering if there's a way to make it so I can run one cable from my router and into my motherboard, then use one cable from one of the adapters to my ps4 and the other adapter to my wifi extender. I'm running windows 10. Is this even possible? I've tried the bridging in windows 10 but its really confusing to me and it seems like I can bridge from my computer to my ps4 but then I lose connection on my pc. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Ethernet MOBO = the port on my motherboard
Ethernet ext = the ethernet card that goes into my extender
Ethernet console = the ethernet card that goes to my ps4.

Capture.PNG

Should be possible since ethernet sharing is a thing

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Everything should go on the router. Does not make any sense to plug other hardware on the PC. The extra ethernet ports on the PC will work only when the PC is on. You should have gotten an extra switch if you don't have enough port to do everything properly.

Id say its possible but youd need your computer on and the extra load on your computer. just buy a cheap gigabit switch and you'll be fine, you can get them for under $20 from Amazon

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

Just buy a 5 or 8 port gigabit switch for like $20

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Just buy a 5 or 8 port gigabit switch for like $20

Got one for free but not super fast works tho

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

My computer is always on and can handle the load. The reason I want to do it like this is because i cant plug anything else into the router itself because we cant drill another hole or a larger one for more wires, and I really don't want to buy a switch unless its 100% necessary. I'm mainly asking if anyone has a workaround for it so I can run one cable to my desktop and output to two other devices while maintaining connection on all three.

1 hour ago, PhillipHovdahl said:

My computer is always on and can handle the load. The reason I want to do it like this is because i cant plug anything else into the router itself because we cant drill another hole or a larger one for more wires, and I really don't want to buy a switch unless its 100% necessary. I'm mainly asking if anyone has a workaround for it so I can run one cable to my desktop and output to two other devices while maintaining connection on all three.

The workaround you want is not valid. You don't have to drill another hole for a cable. You already have a cable use the existing cable for the new switch and plug you computer and other hardware there. Its simple you are overcomplicating things

5 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

The workaround you want is not valid. You don't have to drill another hole for a cable. You already have a cable use the existing cable for the new switch and plug you computer and other hardware there. Its simple you are overcomplicating things

The thing is i cant spend a lot on a switch. I know you can get cheap ones but they are also "dumb" ones which wont let me controll the network speeds for each port. This means that it will be divided equally ehich I don't want. I want to do it this way which is why im asking if anybody is aware of  a way to do it within windows with the equipment that I have. Ive already gotten contact between all three devices and internet on two of them, just not three yet. I'm not asking for another way outside of what I've listed, but tips from someone who actually has a lot of network knowledge instead of saying "go buy this to make it easier". I know for a fact that it is possible but i cant figure out what im doing wrong.

3 hours ago, PhillipHovdahl said:

The thing is i cant spend a lot on a switch. I know you can get cheap ones but they are also "dumb" ones which wont let me controll the network speeds for each port. This means that it will be divided equally ehich I don't want. I want to do it this way which is why im asking if anybody is aware of  a way to do it within windows with the equipment that I have. Ive already gotten contact between all three devices and internet on two of them, just not three yet. I'm not asking for another way outside of what I've listed, but tips from someone who actually has a lot of network knowledge instead of saying "go buy this to make it easier". I know for a fact that it is possible but i cant figure out what im doing wrong.

Windows is not meant for acting as a router/switch there are better options out there. What you want to do is wrong that's why nobody is telling you how to do it,  its not that everybody else but you is dumb.

Does not make sense to keep a 300-400 watt machine with full windows installation with extra software to control the bandwidth on when you can do something better by getting the proper switch which consumes 5 watt, its tiny and its meant for the job at hand.

While there are managed switches the "smart" aspect of networking is better suited for the router. You have already spend money buying 2 extra network cards which would have been better spend on a switch.

To go the wrong way and do what you want you must:

* Bridge the primary Ethernet with the 2 Secondary in network connections

* Configure all network cards to be in the same subnet as your router with GW and DNS again your router.

* Check if the devices connected on the secondary Ethernet ports are getting DHCP from the router if not configure those devices manual as in previous step.

In simple terms you don't use a intercontinental ballistic missile to kill a mosquito just because you can 

6 hours ago, Biomecanoid said:

Windows is not meant for acting as a router/switch there are better options out there. What you want to do is wrong that's why nobody is telling you how to do it,  its not that everybody else but you is dumb.

Does not make sense to keep a 300-400 watt machine with full windows installation with extra software to control the bandwidth on when you can do something better by getting the proper switch which consumes 5 watt, its tiny and its meant for the job at hand.

While there are managed switches the "smart" aspect of networking is better suited for the router. You have already spend money buying 2 extra network cards which would have been better spend on a switch.

To go the wrong way and do what you want you must:

* Bridge the primary Ethernet with the 2 Secondary in network connections

* Configure all network cards to be in the same subnet as your router with GW and DNS again your router.

* Check if the devices connected on the secondary Ethernet ports are getting DHCP from the router if not configure those devices manual as in previous step.

In simple terms you don't use a intercontinental ballistic missile to kill a mosquito just because you can 

I didnt call anyone dumb. I was calling the switch dumb as in unmanageable. A managed switch is expensive in comparison with two Ethernet cards I got for free and I also would like everything to run through my computer instead of having to hide a switch. Im not "going the wrong way" simply because I would like to do it this way if possible which it is so it is really annoying when people tell you to go buy something else when you've already specified that you want to do it one way, regardless if it's not made to be ran like that

22 minutes ago, PhillipHovdahl said:

I didnt call anyone dumb. I was calling the switch dumb as in unmanageable. A managed switch is expensive in comparison with two Ethernet cards I got for free and I also would like everything to run through my computer instead of having to hide a switch. Im not "going the wrong way" simply because I would like to do it this way if possible which it is so it is really annoying when people tell you to go buy something else when you've already specified that you want to do it one way, regardless if it's not made to be ran like that

Well your imagined way is wrong and different people suggested other ways to go about doing things.

A switch is about the size of 3.5'' hard drive you can hide it anywhere, its not a refrigerator.

If you had a switch already you would not need to post here for help, you would be playing games on your PS4.

All home internet setups have a router/switch/wifi combo and work fine you don't really need a managed switch. If you want advanced networking functions you have to pay for the relevant hardware and research on how to use it

Anyways:

To go and do what you want you must:

* Find your GWs IP, your DNS and your Subnet

* Bridge the primary Ethernet with the 2 Secondary, in network connections

* Check if the devices connected on the secondary Ethernet ports are getting DHCP from the router if not, configure those devices manual as in previous step.