Petition to moderate the Twitch chat more

Beeble

Ok, so apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I've just been watching the live stream, and unfortunately the chat has got to the point of being unreadable, and means links and any form of discussion get buried. It's a shame as I used to really enjoy the live chat.

So, do you think the chat should be moderated more? Here is a strawpoll I created for you to vote: http://strawpoll.me/1275917

If the poll gets popular, then maybe to mods could sort something out.

What do you mean by moderate? There are already mods to deal with spammers and such.

From a person highly involved in twitch plays pokemon! Go anarchy! Also praise lord helix.

(SpecsCPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H81M-S2PV RAM: 4GB Storage: 2TB WD HDD

(Peripherals) Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: Zowie EC2-A Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's Microphone: Blue Snowball

What do you mean by moderate? There are already mods to deal with spammers and such.

Oh boy, the chat was flooded with helix worshipers, I had to turn it off...

Why is everyone posting  ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WORSHIP THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL YOU *** ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

He means get rid of this shit.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WORSHIP THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL YOU *** ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

He means get rid of this shit.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ WORSHIP THE ALMIGHTY HELIX FOSSIL YOU *** ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I didn't watch the WAN Show tonight so I didn't know

Why not just turn twitch chat off?

Quote me to get a reply!

Basically the chat was completely filled with hundreds of people just posting that over and over for ages.

It's still going if you want to watch. Linus and Slick are arguing.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I do not watch or talk in the twitch chat for the wan show. I only actively participate in the after show as you can talk to people as long as there isn't a giveaway going.

Lol dick spam

Why not just turn twitch chat off?

because linus or slick might post in it

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Alot spam in chat can be stopped by using nightbot or moobot

I close the chat because people are just wayyy too obnoxious in there. It's always a reminder about how young the audience is.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Ahhhh...

The bliss of watching the archive, rather than getting up early on a saturday morning.

Yep. That's great, to deal with that much spam we only need 150 mods. That's sound reasoning right? More mods timing out the same people because everyone is focussing on a particular post and still letting much of the spam go through. Humans aren't adequate and bots are more broken than not.

They don't use bots because bots are either just plain broken and causing more problems or unjust. So you might think, well, this person with 40,000 concurrent viewers benefits hugely from bots. Those people don't care about the bots timing out 50 or 100 people incorrectly. Linus and Slick do. They care if one person is incorrectly timed out.

There is no perfect solution. Humans(even 500) just can't. And bots are far from perfect, causing more problems than they solve. I suggest the user actually solves the problem. It's rather quite easy. Type /ignore username. And you ignore that user and their crap doesn't show up in chat. Better TTV also has this functionality built in making it easy to update and add things to your ignore preferences. Woah, problem solved. Now we don't have bots fucking things up and 500 mods to abuse their power and bit even get anything done

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop