7950 back in stock for the first time in forever! 299$ for Sapphire 7950 w/ vaporx cooler Newegg [US] (PS: miners hurry!)

hawaiims

call the president asap

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Love the batman URL :D :D

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Speaking from experience, dual-x are shitty miners. Had 3/5 die on me and the other 2 mined well but created instability for the rig and/or other cards. Switched to DCUIIs and problem solved.

At the moment, 80% of 280x on sale in local ads are dual-xs. 

Spoiler

Isn't that still pretty expensive? I thought the r9 280x was like $330 or something? Also I don't really consider MIR sales....

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I remember a few months ago when they were $180...I just hope this GPU mining mess dies off soon, or at least the retailers can set cards back to their normal price. Unfortunately it's probably going to be bad for a while if Nvidia can get better OpenCL support for their cards, and if that happens, then that means expensive cards for both sides.

Spoiler

Love the batman URL :D :D

You always get Batman URLS when you use PCpartpicker re-directs to Newegg. Their little affiliate code thingy ;)

I remember a few months ago when they were $180...I just hope this GPU mining mess dies off soon, or at least the retailers can set cards back to their normal price. Unfortunately it's probably going to be bad for a while if Nvidia can get better OpenCL support for their cards, and if that happens, then that means expensive cards for both sides.

Cheapest I saw the 7950's for was $180 on special just around november ish... then boom, sky-rocketed.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Speaking from experience, dual-x are shitty miners. Had 3/5 die on me and the other 2 mined well but created instability for the rig and/or other cards. Switched to DCUIIs and problem solved.

At the moment, 80% of 280x on sale in local ads are dual-xs. 

I had to underclock my 280x

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

DualX?

yup

There ya go.

it was $250

I'm still trying to find a bargain 7970 to pair up with my current one. But they are no longer stocked by most UK stockists, and are still really expensive even on e-bay.

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

Well, I'll take 6 of them then.

I get about 600 kilohash, pretty good for the price.

Is this what 7950's are going for nowadays because of mining???

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Is this what 7950's are going for nowadays because of mining???

Yes. 7950s went for over 400$ (and most still cost in the high 300s.) They are the most efficient card out there, meaning it has the best hashrate for the wattage it uses (apart from the 750ti, but that card has a low hashrate so it's kind of stupid)

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

In November they went on MAD specials... $300, down to $287, down to as low as Sub-$200 near $180's...

Was looking at Xfire in November, waiting out Xmas to be over at the time,... then saw all these hikes...

Was so bad looking at it everyday shopping for another 7950 and seeing hike after hike.

Sold my 7950 in the craze for $385, maybe could have got more, was only a 3 day ebay auction however.

They were beast miners for the price (esp if on mad sales) I am pretty sure with my overclock I was at 595-625hash, but only had 1 GPU so gave up mining BC (Was mainly curious anyway)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

can someone explain how much do you get from mining using this card or some of the other good cards ? like per month ?

can someone explain how much do you get from mining using this card or some of the other good cards ? like per month ?

all depends on your electricity costs. Where do you live?

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire