LG G6 mobile data radio

Curious issue that's been happening for a while now: Seemingly most times when my phone starts a piece of software that's going to use mobile data, the radio resets.  I lose data, then it comes back a few seconds later.  Bandcamp, various games, business apps, etc.

A couple of days ago, it went away and wouldn't come back.  I had to restart my phone.  It should probably also be mentioned that my phone will not restart properly.  It will always hang on the carrier logo screen.  To get it to properly restart, you have to use the button combination that simulates a power cut (i.e. taking the battery out, putting it back in).  After I did that, my data's been back.  For another data point, I did try to turn off and turn on the radio in settings, no change.  I also verified it wasn't in Airplane mode.

I haven't factory reset my phone since I bought it a couple of years ago...it's been through the OS updates years of crap, etc.  I'm curious though if the mobile data radio is software related or if there's a hardware reason for it.  I'm resigned that I'll need to purchase a replacement phone sooner rather than later, but I'd rather not hasten the need for it, ya know?  If the mobile data finally died for good on a factory reset, that'd pretty much be the clincher.

Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

5 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

I'm curious though if the mobile data radio is software related or if there's a hardware reason for it.

Sounds like failing hardware to me, though the obvious way of checking would be a full wipe of the phone, as much hassle as it is to set it all up again. I actually had something similar happen with my Huawei - tablet some years ago, where WiFi would one day start to cut out and the issue worsened towards evening. Then, the next day WiFi was completely gone, no way of getting it back, including full wipe, and the kernel did not see the WiFi - hardware at all. Presumably, the solder-joints had failed and I had to RMA the thing.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Sounds like failing hardware to me, though the obvious way of checking would be a full wipe of the phone, as much hassle as it is to set it all up again. I actually had something similar happen with my Huawei - tablet some years ago, where WiFi would one day start to cut out and the issue worsened towards evening. Then, the next day WiFi was completely gone, no way of getting it back, including full wipe, and the kernel did not see the WiFi - hardware at all. Presumably, the solder-joints had failed and I had to RMA the thing.

Mmm...if that actually turns out to be the case here I'll probably milk the phone until it breaks fully (I regularly back up to external storage), and then attempt the factory reset.  I'm pretty sure I'm out of my warranty window at this point.  The phone itself was made April 2017.  Thanks for the input.