Screeching noise from hdd

Harzron

I am getting a screeching noise from my HDD, and it's pretty much clear that the read write head is scratching the disk. This started happening about 4-5hrs ago. I turned my pc of and removed the disk. 

The issue is that my pc has several problems, it failed a HDD first after 1&1/2yrs then a ssd within a week, now this after only about 10days. Other problems my pc has is psu coilwhine, vrm coil whine and these all started happening recently. So is it better to just get a new psu and RMA the motherboard.

what could possibly cause a new HDD to make it sound like that? I have also observed that my case usb led Start out dim when I start my pc, and they glow up bright after sometime. It clearly isn't the defective led, so probably the psu is sending bad power or uneven power. But other components start just fine. 

I have asked about the psu , vrm coil whine in their respective forums and they suggested that it was normal unless it causes some problem. 

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this matter, and help me figure out what's wrong with my pc once and for all. I really am sick of getting new issues everyday.

Ps- There has been a lot of power outages and surges before(when I had Seagate hdd & crucial ssd). But now for the WD HDD I have APC 660w ups, and there was no sudden shutdown of pc. 

i am not that expert in this thing but i think the power outages and surges caused all the disaster to your pc components. 

hope this helps XD