How much power supply need for this config....

Hi,

So I m a VFx grooming artist, and planing to build a PC with below given Config:

Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra/Full Tower

Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme Intel Z490 EATX

Intel Core i9 10900K

Nvidia RTX 3080 (not release yet)

Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 32 GB

Going to upgrade additional 32GBs after some time.

MasterLiquid 240 CPU

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Seagate Firecuda Gaming SSDH 2TB

All i stuck here with how much power supply i need for this? I add a "Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W" but i thing this is to high power for this.

And Is all parts are supportable to each other?

I m also gonna use this for cg rendering, gaming and other kinnda stuff like fx propose.

Thanks, all comment are acceptable here.

This is Shri Kant Morey,

A LTT fan from India.

You'd be fine with a 650W, but I think going with a 750W wouldn't be unreasonable at all depending on how much you plan on overclocking that 10900K.

Something like an RM750x, Straight Power 11 750W or Ion+ 760W should do fine in there.

Kind of off topic, you don't need to spend that much on the motherboard. Unless you're going LN2 overclocking (which you're not), that's a waste of money.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

You'd be fine with a 650W, but I think going with a 750W wouldn't be unreasonable at all depending on how much you plan on overclocking that 10900K.

Something like an RM750x, Straight Power 11 750W or Ion+ 760W should do fine in there.

Kind of off topic, you don't need to spend that much on the motherboard. Unless you're going LN2 overclocking (which you're not), that's a waste of money.

Thanks Man, That really helpful, also the second idea is good for me.

5 minutes ago, Shri Kant Morey said:

Thanks Man, That really helpful, also the second idea is good for me.

If you want a board that'll handle everything you can throw at it, I'd suggest going with a Z490 Unify. I'm not sure exactly what the Maximus XII Extreme is priced at, but I know the Unify's cheaper than even the Hero.

Do note that the Unify doesn't have iGPU power if you were planning on using that for QSV or whatever, but neither does the Extreme so I guess that's not really an issue.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

7 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If you want a board that'll handle everything you can throw at it, I'd suggest going with a Z490 Unify. I'm not sure exactly what the Maximus XII Extreme is priced at, but I know the Unify's cheaper than even the Hero.

Do note that the Unify doesn't have iGPU power if you were planning on using that for QSV or whatever, but neither does the Extreme so I guess that's not really an issue.

Sure, Z490 Unify price is aprox half from Maximus XII Extreme here, Z490 Unify work for me same as Extreme, and that also save some money for me to other additional things that i wanna add on rig🤣

7 hours ago, Shri Kant Morey said:

Hi,

So I m a VFx grooming artist, and planing to build a PC with below given Config:

Cabinet: Cooler Master Cosmos II Ultra/Full Tower

Asus ROG Maximus XII Extreme Intel Z490 EATX

Intel Core i9 10900K

Nvidia RTX 3080 (not release yet)

Corsair Dominator Platinum Series 32 GB

Going to upgrade additional 32GBs after some time.

MasterLiquid 240 CPU

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Seagate Firecuda Gaming SSDH 2TB

All i stuck here with how much power supply i need for this? I add a "Cooler Master Vanguard 1000W" but i thing this is to high power for this.

And Is all parts are supportable to each other?

I m also gonna use this for cg rendering, gaming and other kinnda stuff like fx propose.

Thanks, all comment are acceptable here.

This is Shri Kant Morey,

A LTT fan from India.

Nvidia says 750W so that would be the min for your system and it may be fine if everything is ran at 100% dead stock out of the box... ;) 

Personally I would recommend getting a 850W PSU to give you some room for future upgrades and or overclocks. (IE: A lot more power draw)

Something like a Corsair RMX or RMI 850W as an example or HX, HXI 850W. 

You may find the 750W on the light side if you start pushing both the CPU and GPU at the same time doing your CG work etc putting your PSU into that 85% or higher load range.. CPU at 300W+ and GPU at 400W.... Could put you over 750W if pushing both at the time....Total system power draw...

Something to think about anyway.

If it was my system I wouldn't get anything less than a 850W PSU and likely end up with a 1000W to get me into that 70% or less power draw range....

In the end it does matter how you plan on running the system, whether you tweak the settings or not for the GPU and CPU. The power draw can and will vary a lot depending on what you actually do. 

So....

100% dead stock with no overclocks or tweaking on the GPU and CPU.... 750W PSU...

Tweaking/ Overclocking on the CPU and or GPU....... 850W or 1000W...

As a side note, I couldn't run a 650W PSU on my system below as it would cause the PSU to shut down if I really pushed it. Say 5.1 or 5.2 GHz on the CPU and OCed the GPU power draw on MY system would be over 700W easy ...... The power draw is more than 660W as I run it NOW....

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.