WTF Xbox Gamepass

Aereldor

Just bought Xbox Game Pass for $1 for the first month on PC to play flight simulator. I log in and it says all games are still full price, or slightly discounted.

Do you seriously have to pay a monthly fee just to have to buy these games? Because the marketing said 'Unlimited Access to over 50 games', I paid for the membership. I now have zero access to any games unless, well, I buy them.

Is this really how it's supposed to work?

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Just bought Xbox Game Pass for $1 for the first month on PC to play flight simulator. I log in and it says all games are still full price, or slightly discounted.

Do you seriously have to pay a monthly fee just to have to buy these games? Because the marketing said 'Unlimited Access to over 50 games', I paid for the membership. I now have zero access to any games unless, well, I buy them.

Some games are free, and some games are discounted. Boooom

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Xbox Game Pass, or Xbox Game Pass for PC? Two different things. I have the latter and yes, you can play e.g. the new Flight Sim just fine without having to buy it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Xbox Game Pass, or Xbox Game Pass for PC? Two different things. I have the latter and yes, you can play e.g. the new Flight Sim just fine without having to buy it.

3 minutes ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Yeah, flight sim, sea of thieves, all the 'free' games from the ad are greyed out or say 'not available at this time' I'll look again in an hour.

Try using the xbox app (not the xbox companion app) to download Flight sim, rather than the ms store.

1 hour ago, C2dan88 said:

Try using the xbox app (not the xbox companion app) to download Flight sim, rather than the ms store.

I did, now after several tries it finally lets me install, but gets stuck at 'preparing, 0%' and fails with 'error code 0x0000001' lol

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

I did, now after several tries it finally lets me install, but gets stuck at 'preparing, 0%' and fails with 'error code 0x0000001' lol

I had that as well in the beginning. Took two days for it to start working, so...well, basically just wait until it works, I guess.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

it seems to work fine for me (as in i dont think there is any issue with the app rn). Are you using the xbox app? (its basically the game pass app)

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

9 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I had that as well in the beginning. Took two days for it to start working, so...well, basically just wait until it works, I guess.

it took me a couple of hours for everything to load up when i first signed up too. Might just have to stick it out.

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

5 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

it seems to work fine for me (as in i dont think there is any issue with the app rn). Are you using the xbox app? (its basically the game pass app)

Yeah. It shows as installable in Microsoft Store but when I click 'install' it does nothing. When I click 'install on my devices' it says 'you don't have any devices' lol

1 hour ago, BlazerBuddy said:

Schrodinger's pass

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

1 hour ago, Ed-petit said:

it took me a couple of hours for everything to load up when i first signed up too. Might just have to stick it out.

Hey, I just figured out what the problem was, but there seems to be no way to solve it.

Flight Simulator 2020 requires administrator permissions to install, so presumably you need to run the installer as administrator. Problem is, the game installs through the Xbox app, and since that's a Windows 10 App from the store, there's no way to run it as administrator. So any games that require administrator permissions are broken.

Did you still manage to install and run Flight Simulator 2020 through the Game Pass app? If so, how?!

Did you still manage to install and run Flight Simulator 2020 through the Game Pass app? If so, how?!

You literally just click on the "Install" button.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

You literally just click on the "Install" button.

Doesn't work for me :( I get the same error - 0x00000001

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Doesn't work for me :( I get the same error - 0x00000001

Yes, and I said several posts ago that it may just begin to work if you wait. Apparently you completely ignored my post.

5 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes, and I said several posts ago that it may just begin to work if you wait. Apparently you completely ignored my post.

I read it, but 'one morning I woke up and it worked' isn't a diagnosis, I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong with it.

I read it, but 'one morning I woke up and it worked' isn't a diagnosis, I'm trying to figure out what's going wrong with it.

The issue, at least in my case, was on Microsoft's end, not my end. It simply took the system a while to register that I was qualified to install and play games. But okay.

2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

The issue, at least in my case, was on Microsoft's end, not my end. It simply took the system a while to register that I was qualified to install and play games. But okay.

And the error code you were receiving was the same - 0x0000001, showing up after getting stuck on 'preparing - 0%'?

Just now, Aereldor said:

And the error code you were receiving was the same - 0x0000001, showing up after getting stuck on 'preparing - 0%'?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Yes.

Odd, well then if I can't figure this out there's a chance it'll fix itself.

42 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Odd, well then if I can't figure this out there's a chance it'll fix itself.

i would give it a day as @WereCatf said. its not a great platform and some games just dont seem to work. I installed F1 2019 and it didn't work once i loaded in (not saying this is the problem here though)

5 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

i would give it a day as @WereCatf said. its not a great platform and some games just dont seem to work. I installed F1 2019 and it didn't work once i loaded in (not saying this is the problem here though)

Yeah, worst case I'm out $1 haha

28 minutes ago, Ed-petit said:

I think I found a workaround... It involved me changing ownership of the system folder C/Program Files/Windows Apps to myself rather than 'TrustedInstaller'. Maybe this is allowing the Xbox windows 10 app to run as administrator